Thursday 3 May 2018

May STAMPlorations CAS Challenge - Things With Wings


Welcome to the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge for May. Yes, we are back to the usual challenges after a few months - I hope you enjoyed playing along with the all singing, all dancing STAMPlorations super challenge over the last few months. Now we are back with a shared theme across all STAMPlorations challenges - Things With Wings. There will be plenty of prizes and lots of extra chances to win during the month, so don't forget to check back regularly over on the STAMPlorations blog. There are also some new fabulous Things With Wings in the STAMPlorations store!



As the name suggests, we are challenging you to create a CAS project including something with wings. You don't have to use STAMPlorations products but if you have any, we always love to see how you are inspired by them! 

For my card, I started by die cutting the birds using CUTplorations For The Birds Dies. I coloured them in ombre rainbow colours with my watercolours. While the watercolours were drying, I stamped some background stamps using Mixed Media Grunge in Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain distress ink behind where I was planning to attach the birds. I also splattered some Vintage Photo ink onto the card base. Last, I die cut the sentiment using the Hugs Word die in dark brown card and attached it with 3D foam dots.

Card: White 250 gsm card, Daler&Rowney 300 gsm watercolour card, a scrap of dark brown card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Mixed Media Grunge
Dies: CUTplorations For The Birds DiesHugs Word die
Ink and colouring: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo, Gansai Tambi watercolours


STAMPlorations discount code: If you want to save 20% when shopping at the STAMPlorations store you can use the code STAMPGIRLKAROLA at checkout. The discount applies to all normal priced and discounted stamps, stencils and dies. The code cannot be combined with other discount codes.

9 comments:

Gail said...

How very sweet are these birds - totally cool - TFS

nancy littrell said...

I love your stamping and splatters behind your beautiful rainbow colored die cut birds. So creative, Karola. TFS Hugs...

Sue D said...

Love the colorful birds.

Karenladd said...

Oh my gosh, this is so beautiful. I love the rainbow colored birds with that subtle splattered background.

New Creations said...

This is my favorite of yours! Lve the coloring on birds, so inspiring!

Dee Earnshaw said...

LOVE this colorful card - very creative :)

Valerija said...

Wonderful card. Love the colours.

Arianna Barbara said...

Beautiful card and colors!!!

SHartl said...

I really love the look of the die cut birds from watercolored paper! It's so fresh and pretty.