Tuesday 1 August 2017

Purple Florals


Do you ever have a day when you are just completely fed up with your job? I've had one of those today, so as soon as I could I headed home and straight for my craft room. Which is the perfect antidote to a bit of work-related blues. I had a bit of a browse through the latest challenges and decided to get a bit messy with my Brushos, inspired by the lovely purple colour scheme and floral theme over at House of Cards. I was also inspired by the inspiration words Simple and Monochromatic over at The Challenge.  I'm also linking up with the new watercolour challenge over at Happy Little Stampers where the optional twist is Bloom and last but not least I'm linking up over at Make My Monday where the theme is monochromatic.




I started by splattering purple and violet Brushos onto watercolour card and spritzed them with water. I used the STAMPlorations Luggage Tags Nesting Dies to die cut the tag. Then I used the STAMPlorations Trendy Spring Blooms dies to die cut a flower and some leaves from white and silver grey card. Then I used the Thanks word die for the sentiment. I added some Ice Stickles as a finishing touch to the centre of the flower. 

Card: 300 gsm white card, silver grey card, Neenah Solar white card
Watercolours: Brushos Violet and Purple
Other: Ranger Ice Stickles

STAMPlorations discount code: If you want to save 20% when shopping at the STAMPlorations store you can use the code STAMPGIRLKAROLA at checkout. The discount applies to all normal priced and discounted stamps, stencils and dies. The code cannot be combined with other discount codes.

6 comments:

Basslady said...

this looks fabulous!

thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Claire Broadwater said...

So sorry you had a bad day at work! Glad you were able to create this beautiful card to share with us. I love the purple and the watercolored background! So happy you joined us at The Challenge this week! XX

Cazro said...

A wonderful display of colour, crafting is a great stress buster. Hope you're feeling better. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Caz DT.

Jane Knudsen said...

A great combination of the colors on the HOC challenge as well as putting all them all together! Really delightful! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards!!

Shona Chambers said...

I think we can all relate to hating our jobs at least once. I had one job that I hated so much it made me sick, so I'm glad I love what I'm doing now!! I love your CAS design and those purple colours against the white background is divine. I hope you've had better days since and so glad you joined us at Happy Little Stampers!

Jenny Colacicco said...

The colours in this are simply stunnning. One of my favourite shades of purple. Gorgeous elegant card. Thank you so much for joining us at the HLS Watercolor challenge. Jenny x