Thursday 31 August 2017

Have a Flamingo Birthday!


Just popping in quickly to show you a box card I made for a birthday, inspired by the fun inspiration image over at Just Us Girls, cutting it a bit tight with the deadline but better late than never! I'm also linking up with Lawn Fawnatics where the theme is Cards for kids,  Make My Monday where the theme is Lazy Days of Summer and Shopping Our Stash where the theme is Your Favourite Season (I keep changing my mind constantly about this, but right now when summer is slipping away I'm convinced it's my favourite season). Last but not least I'm linking up with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge where Anything Goes.

I saw the most amazing rainbow today. It was absolutely pouring down when I left work, and the sky was black, but as I drove out onto the motorway the sun was shining brightly and I could see such a vibrant rainbow in the sky. Such a shame I had to focus on driving the car so I couldn't devote my full attention to the gorgeous sight.




I created the box card using the Lawn Fawn Scalloped Box Card die and the Watercolor Wishes paper, the pastel colours perfect for a happy flamingo scene. I stamped the happy flamingoes from Flamingo Together and the big palm trees from Critters From the Past, coloured them with Copics and die cut using the matching dies. I also die cut some smaller palm trees using the dies from Flamingo Together and decorated the box with die cuts from the Scalloped Box Card die set. I also added the sun and clouds from Spring Showers and the rainbow I cut from coloured card using the Rainbow die. Last, I added some bunting to the palm trees and the sentiment which I die cut from Perfectly Plaid Winter paper using the Cole's ABC dies. 




Card: Lawn Fawn Watercolor Wishes and Perfectly Plaid Winter, Neenah Solar White card, Tim Holtz Coredinations Distress card, scarps of coloured card and white glitter card
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Flamingo Together, Critters From the Past and matching dies
Ink and colouring: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Dies: Lawn Fawn Spring Showers, Cole's ABCs, Stitched Hillside Border, Scalloped Box Card, Rainbow

12 comments:

Maria said...

What a super amazing pop up box! LOVE what you did perfect for this challenge! Great job and thank so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

Nancy said...

WOW! What a SUNsentational box card! You sure took our photo this week and ran with it! Love the boy and girl Flamingo, the beach theme on every flap and the sun! Thanks for being with us at Just Us Girls!

Darnell said...

Your beautiful and fun summertime box card is a gift unto itself, Pink! It will be treasured!! Thank you for playing along at Just Us Girls!! Hugs, Darnell

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh, I always forget how much fun it's to create this types of boxes, they are always so beautiful and yours is awesome!!!
Bright and sunny and cheery, sure to bring a smile to the lucky person who receives it.
Thank you for sharing it with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you play again soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

WOW - what a super fun pop-up card for a Child! LOVE it! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics! Hope to see you again for the next challenge! /Karin

Sian said...

This is brilliant! I love all the bright colours and those flamingos are so cute. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Sian.

Samantha Casey said...

Wow oh wow! This is an amazing project, I love the scene you created! Thank you so much for playing the Lawn Fawnatic Challenge!
-Samantha

Samantha Mann said...

oh my goodness - this is so much perfection!! LOVE the flamingos and the plaid!! perfection! Thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :D

debby4000 said...

Love your flamingo pop up box.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Sue - said...

Great box card! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh! wow! what a brilliant design and a great job of engineering the box card as well! loove those sweet LF FLAMINGOS as well! perfect addition to our "favorite seasons" challenge at SHOPPING OUR STASH as well, obviously!!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW this is simply adorable ....love the colors and so cheerful and happy it is
Cheers
Dr Sonia