Sunday 20 August 2017

Bloomin Happy Birthday


I needed some crafty time this morning to distract me from all the horribleness going on in various bit and bobs of the world and my life. I did what I usually do when I want to craft but can't quite get my mojo to focus enough to have a clear idea of what to do - I browsed some challenges for inspiration. The winners this time were Freshly Made Sketches, Color ThrowdownLawnfawnatics where the theme is Custom Sentiments and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is Add a Sentiment.



I started by stamping all the small flowers and leaves from Penelope's Blossoms in Stampin' Up Blushing Bride, Melon Mambo, Pistachio Pudding, Wild Wasabi and Pear Pizzaz and die cut with the matching die. This was a bit fiddly which was exactly what I needed to keep my mind focused on the task at hand rather than some other things which are distracting me. This is why crafting works as therapy! After generating a pile of flowers and leaves, I die cut the Bloomin for the sentiment using Cole's ABCs from a scrap of Melon Mambo card. Next, I cut the yellow background and arranged all the flowers and the sentiment. Last, I completed the sentiment with a stamp from Scripty Sayings. 

Card: 250 gsm white card, Neenah Solar white card, light yellow card and scrap of Melon Mambo card
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up Blushing Bride, Melon Mambo, Pistachio Pudding, Wild Wasabi and Pear Pizzaz
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Penelope's Blossoms and matching dies, Scripty Sayings
Dies: Lawn Fawn Cole's ABCs

7 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Your floral is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Color Throwdown!

Jen Brum said...

Such a pretty card! Love those beautiful flowers! Great sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Timko said...

Crafting is such a happy refuge! These little flowers are such a happy little bund and I love how the subtle yellow just makes them pop. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Amy O said...

What a gorgeous bouquet! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Nancy K said...

Super gorgeous card design! Love all the blooms and the perfect greeting! I'm so glad you joined the custom sentiment fun at Lawn Fawnatics!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card, the flowers are so pretty and I love the sentiment and layout, beautiful design :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Broni said...

So pretty! I love how you used the colors with the sketch! I'm so glad you played along with us at Color Throwdown this week!