Saturday 11 February 2017

Blue Sky Thinking


It's been ridiculously cold and grey outside all day. My coping mechanisms have been to make a huge dutch pancake (although to me it will always seem silly to call it a *dutch* pancake since it's actually Finnish pancake in my opinion, but anyhow...) and ate a gigantic piece of it with stem ginger ice cream and apricot jam. Then I spent the rest of the day in the craft room. The other half has been sitting in his man cave with his head phones on all day, gaming with friends. I don't think I have ever heard him talk that much in one day before, not sure if I should be happy or feel a bit hurt and jealous. Oh well, seems like he is having fun.

And I have been having fun too, as I made this card inspired by the sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch. I was also inspired by the word inspiration over at Time Out which are "Friends are connected heart to heart, distance and time can't break them apart". I thought the balloon was perfect for the bit about distance. My best friend is far away and I sometimes hope I could just jump into a balloon to get to see her. My inspiration for the silver mirri sentiment was from the "Mirror, Mirror" challenge over at Daring Cardmakers. Last but not least I was inspired by the "Winter blues" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash where the challenge is to crate something with lots of blue but not to make it winter themed. I thought what could be more summery than a brightly coloured balloon?


Card: 250 gsm white card, Hobbycraft 190 gsm white card, silver mirri card
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Blue Skies and matching dies, Claire's abc
Ink and colouring: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Broken China, Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch, Copics
Dies: Lawn Fawn Spring Showers, Scripty Hello
Other: Ranger Ice Stickles

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card, and a wonderfully colored rainbow balloon. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

What a gorgeous card! Incorporating two of my favourite things - rainbow colours and gold! Thanks for joining in with my challenge at the Daring Cardmakers this week x

Angelnorth said...

What a happy-looking card, great job! Thanks for joining us at Daring Cardmakers this week!

samanthadesigns said...

This is one of those cards that just makes me happy. I'd like to be flying around in that balloon. Great Job!

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful take on the sketch!

lauren bergold said...

oh my goodness, this is outstanding in every way! what a beautiful and thoughtful card for your friend! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (blues!) STASH with us this week! <3