Friday 9 September 2016

Welcome Babysaurus!


What a week it has been! I have been going a bit stir crazy as I have been working from home for the last three days. Being the antisocial Finn I am I thought it wouldn't be a problem at all, but I have to admit as soon as the Culinary Consultant has come in through the door in the evening I have had a 20 minute bout of verbal diarrhoea. I'm hoping to go and pick up my new car tomorrow, and my old car is fixed enough to make it safe to drive, so either way I can get to work next week. I feel a bit sad giving up my old car, it's been such a good car, I really love it but it's also been a bit of a money pit. Hoping to have better luck with the new one, although as the Culinary Consultant always says, there is no such thing as a cheap car.

Anyhow luckily I have also been able to do a bit of crafting, playing with some of my new Lawn Fawn goodies like the Snowy Backdrop die which I actually used as a night sky instead this time. I can't take full credit for the idea for this card as it was a request from my Sis and she also came up with the sentiment. I was inspired by the colours over at Colour Q and the sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch. I'm also linking up with Daring Cardmakers where the theme is to be inspired by the song "What a wonderful world" and I was inspired by the "dark sacred night" as well as watching babies grow. Last but not least I'm linking up with both Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge where the theme is Stamp It in celebration of STAMPtember. 



Card: 300 gsm hammered white card, 160 gsm Hobbycraft white card, scraps of dark blue, yellow and red card
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters from the Past and matching dies, Critters Down Under, Claire's ABCs
Ink and colouring: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Signo white gel pen
Other: Lawn Fawn Snowy Backdrop, Stitched Circle and Everyday Sentiment Banners dies

8 comments:

A splash of color said...

This card us adorable.. great images and the colors.. perfect for the challenge.

Dianne said...

What an adorable card! Perfect for a new little one!

Jutta.K. said...

So adorable and creative, I love this !
Greetings from Germany

maria f. said...

What a fabulous "dark sacred night"!

Maura said...

Cute dino images, and love it against the starry night! So glad you joined us in our Stamp It challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog! xx Maura

Kathy said...

Love the choice of lines from the song you've chosen to use - they work so well for your lovely card!
Thanks for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers this week

Tracey McNeely said...

What a fun card you created and glad you found some time in your crazy schedule to do it. Thank you for sharing with us at the colourQ this week!

jenn shurkus said...

awww such a sweet card!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!