Sunday 4 September 2016

Unicorn on Clouds at Sunset


Wow, the last few days have been quite a roller coaster ride. If you saw my post yesterday you will know my car had a very severe and pretty much fatal breakdown on Friday. Living far beyond any civilisation, not to mention public transport I could not just stick my head in the sand and ignore the issue as I have to get to work somehow. To make a very long and emotional story short, I have today bought a new (well, used but new to me) car which I should hopefully be able to pick up on Saturday next week. I'll introduce you to Fernando when he arrives home. Apart from what will be a very inconvenient week of car-pooling with the other half, and of course not having any money to spend on things like crafty stash for at least the next year (or four...) things should hopefully slowly return to normal again here in InvisiblePinkWorld. Thanks for all your commiserations, I appreciate it a lot. And then on to more crafty and interesting things!

Apologies for a second unicorn card right after yesterday's rainbow unicorn but I just can't resist this adorable little darling. Today's card was inspired by the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches and the colours at ColourQ. I'm also linking up with Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge where the theme is "It's A Stitch Up" (my second entry) and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where anything goes (my third entry).

I started by blending Spiced Marmalade and Picked Raspberry Distress ink for the background and then spritzed with a very fine mist of water. I then die cut the clouds and stamped and coloured the unicorn in orange and pink. After adhering everything I stamped a custom sentiment using Clare's ABCs and to finish I added some Ice Stickles and adhesive rhinestones. 



Card: 300 gsm linen textured card, 160 gsm Hobbycraft white card, Neenah Solar white card, Dovecraft 110 gsm premium vellum 
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Winter Unicorn and matching dies, Clare's ABCs
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Copics
Dies: Lawn Fawn Spring Showers, Puffy Cloud Border, Stitched Rectangle
Other: Adhesive rhinestones from my stash, Ranger Ice Stickles

5 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

Truly a magical card! I love the sponged background and the unicorn is so fun! Good luck with your new car. And thanks for playing along with us at colourQ and Freshly Made Sketches!

Tracey McNeely said...

Lovely blended background and love your unicorn! Thank you for sharing with us at the colourQ this week!

Virginia L. said...

The depth of ink blending is superb!! LOVE it! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Barbara said...

Absolutely love this card! Color combo is fantastic and the little unicorn wonderful! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon SAys Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! barbara

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is a wonderful card! I love your choice of colours and image - it's so sweet! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!