Monday 26 September 2016

Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice


Pumpkins aren't really a big thing for me, and neither is pumpkin spice. It's clearly an American thing. I can't say I really care for a Pumpkin Spice Latte. Or pumpkin pie for that matter. But when I saw the gorgeous free digi-stamp over at STAMPlorations I knew I had to play along with the pumpkin theme for a day, perfect for the ongoing Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop! I can't believe all the gorgeous fall coffee cards. And there is extra prizes to win on the STAMPlorations Fall Coffee Blog Hop page as well!! Which is were you can pick up the free digi if you get inspired to create a card. 

I was also inspired by the image over at Just Us Girls, the colours over at Color Throwdown and the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches for my card. I printed the digi stamp on watercolour paper and coloured with Tim Holtz Distress markers and a waterbrush. I used Lawn Fawn patterned paper for the background and printed the sentiment onto orange card which I then die cut with a Lawn Fawn banner die. The font is a free one called Vintage Typewriter which I really love!


Card: White 200 gsm card, 300 gsm Daler&Rowney Aquafine watercolour paper, scrap of orange paper
Stamps: STAMPlorations A Pumpkin and 3 Lattes, Coffee Happy
Ink and colouring: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Inks Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord, Ground Espresso
Paper: Lawn Fawn Let's Polka in the Dark, Perfectly Plaid Fall
Other: Lawn Fawn Everyday Sentiment Banner

19 comments:

Imke said...

Awesome - love your color combination purple and orange. Great card for the FALL themed Coffee Blog Hop.

Imke ~ My Crafty Place

Teri said...

I agree with Imke - great color combo. Very fun card.

Shelly said...

So pretty and fabulous!

Arianna Barbara said...

Too cute!!!!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love how the inspiration piece inspired all of that color in the image.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful coloring on this image. Great card.

Ina G said...

Love the colour combination and great layout. So colourful.

Tonya said...

Your card is wonderful! TFS

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Super purple and fall colors! And I know what you mean about the pumpkin spice! But it makes a great sentiment! Love it!

Karen B. said...

Your coloring is absolutely perfect!

Creating with Susan said...

Love this - so bright and fun and love that big pumpkin!

Becca Yahrling said...

Lovely card! I love this image from Stamplorations and all their new script BG images.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous coloring - these colors are amazing together - Thanks for joining in at JUGS

StampingbugKerry said...

Great card! I love that you added that sentiment to the cup! The purple and orange are delish! :)

Lisa said...

Love what you've done with that freebie! Really pretty!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Just stunning! I adore these colours that you've used - your created such a striking card. Thanks for joining is at FMS!

Ceal said...

great card, tis!

~amy~ said...

This is awesome. Love the purple and orange combo. FUN sentiment :)

Helen F. said...

Beautiful Fall coloring!