Tuesday 27 September 2016

Merry Christmas to a Deer Friend


This whole annual leave thing is good for my crafting but not so good for my diet. It's very hard to keep away from the chocolate biscuits is all I'm saying... But I love that I have time to be creative! Today I decided to use the new (to me) Toboggan Together stamp set. I was inspired by the image over at Merry Monday as well as the Geometric shapes over at Lawnscaping (circles for the snowflakes and the lines on both of the patterned papers. Lines are geographical shapes. I'm sure we had to learn to draw parallel lines in geometry). I'm also linking up with ABC Christmas Challenges where the theme is Sew What (real or faux stitching) and Sweet Stampin' Christmas where the theme is Christmas Die Cuts.

Last year I had all my Christmas cards made well in advance as I was on the DT for a Christmas card challenge. This year I can't say I'm quite as well prepared, but luckily there is still plenty of time. And I actually made enough cards last year to have quite a bit left over so I should be fine. But I love creating with the cute Lawn Fawn critters, so there will probably still be more to come. 

For this card I started by creating the snowy sky by stamping the snowfall from Snow Cool and heat embossing in clear powder. Then I inked using a light and bright pink distress ink. Next, I die cut the trees and snowy hills. I also stamped the cute reindeer and coloured them with Copics, adding some accents with my white Gel pen. Last, I arranged the scene and added a pink frame and the scalloped background paper. 


Card: 300 gsm white card, scrap of pink and grey card, Hobbycraft 160gsm white card
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Toboggan Together and matching dies, Snow Cool
Dies: Lawn Fawn Scalloped Rectangles, Stitched Rectangle Frame, Forest Border, Stitched Hillside Border, Scripty Merry
Ink and Colouring: Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copics, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Stampin' Up Basic Grey, white gel pen
Paper: Stampin' Up Brights Designer Series Paper, Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Winter
Other: Ranger clear fine embossing powder

10 comments:

Sue said...

I love this card. The image is super cute and your pink background and design look gorgeous. Thank you for joining us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge.
Sue...xxx

Ina G said...

So adorable and such cuties. Love your card Karola.

Karen L K said...

Nicely done! Those deer are so cute and colored so nicely!

KimCreate said...

Oh, this is so cute! Perfect for Merry Monday and Lawnscaping! Lovin the pink!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling pink & grey deer in your sweet scene!!

Bonnie said...

This is adorable! A fun scene! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

Christiana said...

So sweet! I love Christmas cards with non-traditional colors. This is darling. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping Challenges!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Such a super adorable Christmas Card! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! hugs, Karin

Tracey T said...

Love this alternative Christmas colour scheme. Thank you for playing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey x

Roxanne O'Brien said...

I really like the non-traditional color palette you've used here. Really pretty! Especially with the deer being grey. Thanks for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! -Roxanne