Thursday 29 September 2016

Coffee and Donuts


I'm back to celebrate the wonder of coffee and this time I'm celebrating the sweet union of coffee and donuts. Every time I look at the STAMPlorations Sugar Rush stamp set I get such a craving for donuts. I love the "Drink Coffee, Read Books, Be Happy" sentiment from the fantastic Literary Caffeine-ations by the funny and talented Becca Cruger but I thought she had left out a very critical bit about eating donuts, so I decided to add that little bit to make the sentiment complete. 

I started by stamping the coffee mug from Coffee Happy, and after masking the mug I stamped the coffee pot and then the donuts onto a white card base that I had die cut using the Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting dies. I stamped the sentiment and die cut the happy using CUTplorations Happy Word die twice, once using black card and once using patterned paper from Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Fall paper. I coloured the images using Copics inspired by the colours from the patterned paper. Last, I inked around the edges of the die cut panel using Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink and attached the stamped panel onto Early Espresso card.

I'm linking up over at the Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop for one last time, it's been such a blast as usual and the inspiration from all you fellow crafters has been so amazing. I'm also linking up over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenges Anything Goes and AAA Card Challenges where the theme is masking. 



Card: Neenah Solar white card, Stampin' Up Early Espresso, scrap of black card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Sugar RushCoffee HappyLiterary Caffeine-ations 
Ink and Colouring: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo, Copics
Other: Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Fall paper

19 comments:

Caryn said...

What a fabulous card - perfect for any coffee lover!!
Thanks for joining in this week with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Cindy C. said...

Yummy looking card!! Yes doughnut please!! :)

Shelly said...

Oooh, this is awesome!

Unknown said...

Love the sentiment. Great card.

Unknown said...

Love the sentiment. Great card.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Yummy card. Love the Plaid HAPPY. Thanks for sharing

Becca Yahrling said...

Awesome card. Love the sentiment and also love this sweet set from Stamplorations.

Karen B. said...

Love the sentiment done up in plaid!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Oh YUMMY! Now you've just made me hungry as well as swooning over the perfect detail and masking of your card. Brilliantly done and thanks for playing along at AAA Cards this week. Sarah x

Fikreta said...

its wonderful card!
Fiki

Ceal said...

super cute!

Arianna Barbara said...

Too cute!!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute! Love the sentiment!

Lisa said...

So cute! Love that happy is cut from a print... great touch!

Tonya said...

Great card! Love the sentiment.

~amy~ said...

Just say Yes to coffee and donuts!

Helen F. said...

Oh YUM! Love it :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card and I love the coffee and donuts the way you colored them.

Coralynn Murray said...

Love how you perfectly masked the coffee up and pot with the donuts. Your colours are wonderful. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!