Tuesday 20 September 2016

Christmas Wreaths


I had some happy mail recently as I decided to stock up on new Christmas card stash. Can't use the same stamps two years in a row after all... I mean, we all craft so we can save money compared to buying ready made cards, right? I did the math at some point based on the money I've spent on crafty stash (this is why you shouldn't have an app to track all your spending as it will allow analysis like this) and I think after dividing the money I've spent by the approximate number of cards I've made, I think it came out at over £30 per card. So a clear saving compared to buying ready made cards, right? That just made me laugh. And cry... I should probably also disclose that in addition to writing this blog post I have another tab open on my browser where I'm shopping for more stamps. I know, I know, I have a problem but I bet I'm not the only one.

Anyhow, on to today's card, which became multiple cards as I had so much fun. I was inspired by the sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch. I started by stamping and heat embossed the wreath from STAMPlorations Joyful and colouring it with Gansai Tambi watercolours. Last, I used the Merry Christmas phrase die to die cut the sentiment from a scrap of red. I'm also linking up the card over Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge where the theme is "Inspired by music". I was inspired by the Taylor Swift song Christmas Must Be Something More (one of the lines is about hanging a wreath on your door). I'm also linking up with Sweet Stampin' Christmas where the theme is Christmas die cuts.



This was a really quick card to create, so I made a few other variations of it, as you can never have too many Christmas cards. I particularly like the one one red card with the gold die cut.


Card: 200 gsm white card, Stampin' Up Real Red card, gold mirri card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Joyful
Ink and colouring: Tsukineko Versafine Onyx Black, Gansai Tambi watercolours
Other: CUTplorations Merry Christmas phrase die

2 comments:

Crafting with Jeanne said...

Saw your card on SSS challenge, and wanted to come over to your blog. THANKS for the big laugh!!!! Cost effective, it ain't!!! Your card is too cute!

Tracey T said...

This is a great design! I love the contrast of the traditional wreath against the modern script of the die cut. If you ever figure out a way to be a crafter AND save money on cards, please let me know! Thank you for playing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey x