Monday 28 March 2016

Rose and weathered wood


Well, I'm back from Finland, I can't believe we are at the end of the Easter holidays. I can't face the thought of going back to work tomorrow, the silver lining is that it's just a four day week to ease us back into it all. I have spent the day sorting some of my inks into my new crafting desk drawers, which was great fun. I had a bit of trouble flexing my crafty muscles, but I managed to get a card done in the end. 

I started by masking off the area I wanted to stencil, and stencilled through the STAMPlorations Weathered Wood stencil using Stampin' Up Crumb Cake and Baked Brown Sugar inks. Then I stamped the rose from the Blossom Overture stamp set using Versafine and coloured using Gansai Tambi watercolours. After fussycutting the rose, I stamped a sentiment from the set onto vellum. Last, I die cut a banner using a Lawn Fawn die from Let's Polka in the Dark red polka dot paper.

My card was inspired by the colours over at ColourQ and the sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch. I coloured the flower with red and pink, the pink doesn't show very well on the photo unfortunately. I was also inspired by the lovely floral image on the wooden table from Inspired by All the Little Things. Furthermore, I was also inspired by the Stencil theme over at both AAA Cards and CAS on Sunday




Card: 300 gsm white textured card, Dovecraft 110 gsm premium vellum, 190 gsm watercolour paper
Stamps: STAMPlorations Blossom Overture
Ink and colouring: Versafine, Stampin' Up Baked Brown Sugar, Crumb Cake, Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolours
Other: STAMPlorations Weathered Wood stencil, Lawn Fawn Let's Polka in the Dark paper and Tag You're It die




4 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Finland must have been an amazing trip. Love your pretty card and amazing fussy cutting. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ and Inspired by All the Little Things!

Betty Wright said...

Great design! Love the wood pattern background!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love that beautifully stenciled wood grain on this great card Thanks for linking up and playing along our stenciling challenge at AAA Cards.

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Love the woodgrain and great CAS design! Thank you so much for joining us at Inspired by All the Little Things!