Friday 12 February 2016

Stencil watercolour background


Woohoo, we have all made it to another weekend. It's time to enjoy life for two days. Are you planning anything special for Valentine's? We are not very romantic in this house, but I think we will cook our traditional Valentine's Day Venison from the farm a few villages over. And today I'm making pancakes for pudding, as we missed out on Pancake Day earlier in the week. I bet the pancakes will be delicious with a touch of our home-made Apricot jam. 

I made this card yesterday, but the photos I took were so horrible due to sunset that I didn't think they really did the card justice. Today I just about made it home before losing the light, still not as good as I wanted, but a definite improvement over yesterday's photos. So here we go! My card is inspired by the colour challenge over at ColourQ and the really inspiring new sketch over at CAS(E) this sketch. I couldn't resist the urge to get out one of my favourite stencils and play around a bit with watercolours. A few quick die cuts and a step of matting onto pink card later - done! 



I'm also linking up with: 
Alphabet Challenge - Y is for You Choose
Craft for the Craic - Something to make you smile
Crafting With Friends - Anything Goes
PDE Linky Party - Anything Goes
Simply Papercraft - Anything Goes

Card: 300 gsm white card, 190 gsm watercolour paper, Stampin' Up Melon Mambo card, gold mirri card
Ink: Stampin' Up Pink Pirouette, Calypso Coral, Melon Mambo
Stencil: STAMPlorations Tribal Triangles stencil
Other: Lawn Fawn Scripty Hugs and Stitched Rectangles stencils, gold sequins from my stash




10 comments:

Shirley said...

Great watercolor background...love it.

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous, I love your watercolored background! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
Tammy x

Pat said...

Beautiful super design, thanks for playing along at Alphabet Challenge.

Pat xx

Amy Cohen said...

Wonderful work- you are very talented. Thank you for joining us at Crafting With Friends.
Amy-DT

Deborah Frings said...

This is a gorgeous watercolour background. And I do like the way you've added the gold sequins too!

Sherrie K. said...

Super pretty card! Love the background!
Thanks so such for joining us in the PDE Linky Party challenge!
Sherrie K
PDE DT Member

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! I love your beautiful background! Fabulous take on the sketch!

donna mikasa said...

Love your watercoloring over the stencil--great take on the sketch!

Glittertastic said...

I've never thought of using a stencil with watercolour! Thank you for sharing this with us at Simply Papercraft

Sharon (Glittertastic)
DT Member

Ger said...

Your background turned out fantastic! Love it. Thankyou for joining us this month at Craft for the Craic