Saturday 27 February 2016

In need of coffee


How have you all been? Long time no craft! And even now I should be cleaning, not crafting... but we did go through this the other day didn't we, and concluded that a happy crafter is more important than a clean house. Right? I did try to do some watercolouring after work one day this week, but that was a catastrophic waste of time. I cannot draw or paint, I knew this but somehow I thought that would magically have changed. Luckily there is always the option of stamping! So after a bit of a disastrous attempt this morning to make a card which ended up in the bin, I thought I really need to do something fool-proof to get back a bit of confidence in my crafting abilities. And luckily I have a whole stash of NBUS I recently ordered from the marvellous STAMPlorations. 

I didn't use to be a caffeine addict, but after starting in my new job I am living off large vanilla lattes. And I have to admit I now have to start my weekends with a large coffee as well. I am fully planning to wean me off the nasty stuff, but maybe a bit later... once I'm a bit more settled in my new job methinks. My card was inspired by the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches. I'm also linking up over at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge where the theme is Inspired by a song. My song is One More Cup of Coffee by Bob Dylan. On top of that, I'm linking up with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge where Anything Goes, Crafty Creations where the theme is "Something to Eat or Drink" and Tuesday Throwdown where the theme is "Create Your Own Background".

Card: 300 gsm textured card, coloured 240 gsm chocolate card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Coffee Happy and Literary Caffeine-ations
Ink: Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip and Real Red

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great card, great colour combo. Seeing as I love sitting down with a cup of coffee and a book it could've been made for me! Karen x

Jen Mitchell said...

That sentiment. Truer words were never said. Love this! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Caryn said...

Fantastic design, the images are perfect with this colour scheme.
Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week, hope to see you again soon.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Barbara said...

Beautiful card, lovely combo and wonderful images! thanks for joining us this week over Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog! barbara

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What a pretty card. Love the details and so awesome! Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Tuesday Throwdown!

Unknown said...

Lovely CAS card, thanks for joining in at CCC, Claire xXx