Saturday 20 February 2016

Happy Travels


A friend was recently able to travel to some of the places she had always wanted to visit, and I know she absolutely fell in love with Paris. So this card is inspired by her travels. I have to admit, I am more of an Italy fan, I pretty much love every place I have been to in Italy whereas I didn't fall in love with Paris at all. However, I'm completely devoid of any travel-lust right now, it might be because my life is just hectic enough as it is right now, so any spare time I have I rather just spend right where I currently am typing this - in my craft room. I have the world's most uncomfortable sofa  in my craft room, but it feels like heaven. To be perfectly honest, travelling always sends chills down my spine. I love seeing new places, don't get me wrong. It's just the whole getting to those places that stresses me out. First you have to get to the airport (usually at an ungodly hour), then stand in several queues, followed by endless waiting, before you get crammed into a tiny space in a flying tin can where you can hardly move an arm without hitting something, and then it's the whole faff of waiting for your luggage, hoping it has actually made it onto the right flight, not to mention making your way from the airport to where you need to go. Fills me with dread every time. Just give me teleporting, and I promise I will venture out to see the world!

In addition to being inspired by my friend's travels, today's card was also inspired by the black and white inspiration image over at Time Out, the colour challenge over at ColourQ and the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches. I'm also linking up with Crafty Catz where the theme is CAS and Little Red Wagon where the theme is Pop of Colour (use black and white with one additional colour). 




Card: Black 300 gsm card, 300 gsm white watercolour card, scrap of Stampin' Up Real Red card
Stamps: Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous I See Paris and Lawn Fawn Violet's ABCs
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle dies, Stampin' Up Hello You dies






9 comments:

Anita in France said...

Such a cool collage of the Tour Eiffel, Karola ... the bold red is fabulous, it really pops ... and the scripty sentiment is a brilliant contrast to the graphic lines of the Tower! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out ... and thanks too for your visit and sweet words! Anita :)

sandie said...

Love the design with the gold red sentiment and strip. Such the perfect card for our challenge, thanks for joining TO

Vickie Z said...

Great use of the challenges!! Oh, love shoes and this is wonderful! So glad you joined us at CTD!!

Linda Callahan said...

Great card! Perfect for a traveler! (and I feel your travel angst!) Glad you shared it at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

What a lovely card! I love that Eiffel Tower! The pops of red against the black are amazing! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

M said...

Awesome card!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Little Red Wagon!! :)

Shona Chambers said...

You may not feel much like traveling at the moment but you certainly captured the feeling with this card! I love that Eiffel Tower stamp and having it matched with those pops of red, really gives it a pop. So very glad you shared this with us at TIME OUT!!

Nonni said...

What a great card, just perfect for our challenge! Very inventive layout also. Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT!

NickScrapShack said...

great take on our CAS - no fuss, no dp challenge over at Crafty Catz this week.

Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Crafty Catz. Good luck!
Nick