Sunday 28 February 2016

Happy Mother's Day


Still no cleaning in the InvisiblePinkHouse, but I did make another card! I entertained myself yesterday by making a palette of my watercolour pencils, and so I thought why not make a card with the pencils as well as I've got them out. After a trip to Tesco yesterday I was reminded that UK Mother's Day is coming sometime soon as there was a whole isle full of pink cards, chocolates and champagne. I can never remember when Mother's Day is celebrated here in the UK, as Finnish Mother's day coincides with US Mother's day in May. Which makes much more sense, as Easter is usually in March and you already get all the chocolate bunnies and eggs, so it makes more sense to try and sell chocolate to people in May instead of the same month as the main annual chocolate celebration. Oh well, that's just my five cents.


Anyhow, I was asked to make a card for my mother unlaw (well, since we aren't married she isn't my mother in law, but almost, so why not unlaw...). I wanted a nice image with lots of space for doing some nice colouring. My card was inspired by the sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch and the colour combo over at Color Throwdown. I'm also linking up with Crafty Friends Challenge where the theme is Floral, Sweet Stampin' where the theme is Mother's Day, The Pencil Case where the theme is New Blooms/Spring Flowers and Fantasy Stampers where Mums Rule.




Card: 300 gsm textured card, scrap of kraft card
Stamps: Stampin' Up Remarkable You, Lawn Fawn Happy Everything
Ink: Tsukineko Staz-On Jet Black, Stampin' Up Sahara Sand 
Colouring: Faber Castell Albrech Dürer watercolour pencils
Other: Stampin Up Hello You die, Wink Of Stella pen


8 comments:

Barbara said...

Lovely card! Your mother unlaw will love it! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown Challenge this week! Hope to see you again next time!

Wanda Cullen said...

Or maybe she's your mother outlaw - lol! Whatever she's called, she will love this beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful creation and thanks for sharing in our current challenge.xx
{aNNie Crafty Friends Challenge DT Member}

Leigh Penner said...

This is so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

JayBe said...

This is a really pretty design and I love the water colouring. Thanx for playing along at Fantasy Stampers with our 'Mum's Rule' challenge.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

Jane Savage said...

Gorgeous sophisticated card with beautiful colouring!
Thank you for joining us at The Pencil Case! Jane (DT) xxx

Cazro said...

A stunning card, loving the simplicity (Knowing it's not simple). Thanks for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers Caz DT

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous card for a special Lady, thank you for playing with Sweet Stampin'. Hope you can join our next challenge too. Have a wonderful weekend!

Love and hugs
Maarit