Thursday 18 February 2016

February STAMPlorations CAS challenge - Mid-month inspiration



It's time for the mid-month inspiration post for the STAMPlorations CAS challenge. Our challenge, which goes on until the last day of the month is to create a CAS card with an optional colour twist of using red. You don't have to use STAMPlorations products to play along, but if you have them we would love to see them. And the best bit, every month a random winner will receive a $10 gift card to the STAMPlorations shop, ($15 gift card if using STAMPlorations products).



The amazing DT has again used gorgeous STAMPlorations products to inspire you to create for this challenge. Thank you for everyone who has linked up so far, we have loved seeing your creations. You still have plenty of time to take part, and don't forget you can link up to three creations per challenge!

For my card, I used one of my favourite stamp sets ever called A Girl and Her Shoes. I'm a shoe-o-holic and a stamp-o-holic, so thing's don't get much better than this stamp set. And with this month's colour twist combined with the "Keep calm and buy shoes" sentiment, I immediately saw before my eyes a bright red panel with the sentiment stamped in white, just as those original "Keep calm and carry on" posters. So that's what I created, with a few shoes in the background thrown in for good measure! I inked a piece of white card stock using Tim Holtz Festive Berries, and die cut with a stitched rectangle die. I then prepped the panel very well with my anti-static bag to make sure the embossing powder would only stick to the stamped bits. I find this makes heat embossing so much easier and neater, I can't recommend it enough. I stamped the sentiment and the small high heeled shoe from A Girl and Her Shoes in Versamark and heat embossed with white powder. Last, I stamped the gorgeous shoes from the same stamp set in grey ink onto white card, and adhered the red panel. Easy peasy and perfect to send to a fellow shoe-lover (and also perfect for sending as there are no bulky layers or embellishments, so no added postage!).

Don't forget to play along with us, you have a few more week's to play along, and don't forget to check in on the first Thursday of March to see what our next challenge is!

I'm linking up with the following challenges:
Color Throwdown - See colour swatch below
Addicted to Stamps and More - Anything Goes
ABC Challenge - Anything starting with B (boots!)
Dream Factory - Pretty Woman (you know that scene in the beginning of the movie where Julia Roberts puts on those high black boots... just saying!)
Creative Moments - Anything Goes with Dry/Wet embossing




Card: White 250 gsm card, Hobbycraft 160 gsm card
Stamps: STAMPlorations A Girl and Her Shoes
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Festive Berries, Hickory Smoke, Tsukineko Versamark
Other: Papermania Seafoam White Embossing powder, Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle dies. 

Disclaimer: I have received some STAMPlorations products for free in exchange for creating cards for the challenge. All opinions however are completely my own. As you can see by browsing my blog, I have been using STAMPlorations products (which I bought myself) way before my time on the DT and I wouldn't recommend them unless I absolutely loved them myself.

5 comments:

Toni said...

Love this! and great way to incorporate the grey in the background!

Nannieflash said...

A fun image and a brilliant sentiment. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Conny said...

Oh wooow, what a brilliant and cool card!! I love it!
Thanks for joining us at Dream Factory!
Hugs,
Conny

Lori said...

How fun! Love the stamped background panel. Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

stempelfrida said...

What a great card! Thank you so much for playing with us at ATSM. Creative regards from stempelfrida
http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de