Thursday 4 February 2016

February STAMPlorations CAS challenge - Anything Goes with Red


It's the first Thursday of the month, and you all know what that means, don't you? It means there is a new challenge over at the STAMPlorations CAS challenge blog. Thank you to everyone who played along with the first ever CAS challenge, there were so many amazingly gorgeous cards. 

Our CAS challenge is always Anything Goes, but every month there is an optional colour twist which this month is Red (perfect for all those Valentine's day cards, right?). You don't have to use STAMPlorations products to play along, but if you have them we would love to see them. And the best bit, every month a random winner will receive a $10 gift card to the STAMPlorations shop, ($15 gift card if using STAMPlorations products).



For my February card, I wanted to create a Valentine's day card for a friend. I created a stunning background very easily by sponging Tim Holtz Distress Inks through the STAMPlorations Old Rose Prints stencil. I used darker red in the middle of the roses, and lighter pinks around the edges. For the central vellum panel, I stamped the beautiful rose from the Blossom Overture stamp set and a sentiment from the Bloom Sketches stamp set in Versamark, and then heat embossed both in white powder. I coloured the rose on the reverse side of the vellum using bright red and green Copics giving it that stained glass look. Then I used special micro glue dots designed for adhering vellum to attach the smaller panel in an invisible way to the background.  



You can find more inspiration from the talented DT over on the STAMPlorations CAS challenge blog. And then it's over to you to show us what you have created, you have until the last day of the month to link up, and it's up to three entries per person.

I'm linking up with the following challenges:
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes with a twist of valentine
Naughty or Nice Challenges - See red
Dream Valley Challenges - Valentine's day
Unicorn Challenge - Lots of Love 
Crafting By Design - Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Anything goes with twist of romance/love

Card: White 250 gsm card, Dovecraft 110 gsm premium vellum
Stamps: STAMPlorations Blossom Overture and Bloom Sketches
Stencils: STAMPlorations Old Rose Prints
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks Festive Berries, Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet, Worn Lipstick, Tsukineko Versamark
Colouring: Copics R29, R89, YG13, YG17
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle dies, Papermania Seafoam White embossing powder

Disclaimer: I have received some STAMPlorations products for free in exchange for creating cards for the challenge. All opinions however are completely my own. As you can see by browsing my blog, I have been using STAMPlorations products (which I bought myself) way before my time on the DT and I wouldn't recommend them unless I absolutely loved them myself.

12 comments:

Toni said...

Gorgeous card--love that soft background made softer with the vellum!

Toni

Lori Kobular said...

Very pretty card! Love all the roses! Thanks for playing along with us at Unicorn Challenges!

Stampsnob. said...

So pretty Love the flower TFS Unicorn Ch Lis DT

Dotty Jo said...

What a beauty - I love the stencilled background and the beautifully colour rose on vellum. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Naughty or Nice, Jo x

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Gorgeous card, the vellum overlay softens the background and helps to focus on a beautiful rose

Chris said...

Beautiful! Love the background and that gorgeous vellum panel.
Thank you for joining us at Creative Moments.
Chris
x

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow! That flower just pops and is stunning!!!! Love it!

Lindsey said...

This is gorgeous! I have another stencil to add to my list. ;) The rose on vellum overlaid on top is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges!

Gale said...

Lovely card. Love the rose. Thank you for sharing with us at Artistic Inspirations and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

Carole said...

Super card,love the background. Thanks for playing along with our Valentine Challenge @ Dream Valley this week. Good Luck
Happy Crafting
Carole xXx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Stunning card, love the embossed rose on vellum, it looks like stained glass, just gorgeous.
I don't see any glue dots or tape on the vellum, how did you attached it to your card? I always have trouble hiding the glue dots so I end up adding some Rhine Stones or brads.
Thank you for sharing your gorgeous card on the gallery.

Maria Rodriguez.
www.swimbikerunandstamp.blogspot.com

Pink Unicorn said...

I use vellum glue dots for adhering the vellum, they are so small they are almost invisible. You do have to cover the vellum completely with the glue dots so a pack doesn't get you very far, but for that one special card every now and then they are completely worth while. If you google vellum glue dots you should find some, I use ones called Invisi Dots