Sunday 21 February 2016

Another Tribal Triangles card



Happy Sunday, I hope you have enjoyed your weekend so far, and how great that it's only early Sunday morning so a whole day of freedom still ahead. I woke up to a great surprise in my blog feed as I saw one of my recent cards was highlighted in Fawny Flickr Friday, that always makes me so happy. Lawn Fawn has always been one of my favourite brands and the cards in the Lawn Fawn Flickr gallery are so incredible so getting highlighted by Kelly Marie is always such a thrill. And talking about Flickr galleries, I have my own over here, and I do have a Pinterest here and Instagram here as well. I use the Instagram for some other stuff from time to time as well, such as pictures of my sweet little Gary. 

Anyhow, back to the main subject matter, as we are about to head out for a walk on the North Norfolk coast, so I will try to finish the post quickly so we can get going. It looks a bit grey out there, so hopefully we won't get soaked! Sorry, drifting off on a tangent again. So today's card is a super simple one, and I was inspired by a few challenges. I thought I was quite aware of all the challenges out there in the blogosphere, but I actually came across a new (to me) one called Pinterest Inspired Challenges. It's a monthly challenge with a inspiration image from Pinterest. This month, the inspiration image is a blue hued geometric pattern (see below). So that was the inspiration for the colour scheme and the use of the STAMPlorations Tribal Triangles stencil. The layout was inspired by this week's sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch. I was also inspired by the Getting Geometric theme over at Daring Cardmakers and the Stencil theme over at The Friday Mashup. 

I inked with foam applicators using Tim Holtz Distress Ink through the stencil. I picked colours that were a bit earthier than the inspiration image, I'm not quite sure why, but I wasn't looking at the image when I was picking the colours, I only had it in my head and for some reasons the colours were different in my head. This happens all the time, might be because I don't have a very good memory, or maybe not a very good perception of colours? Anyhow, I list the colours I used in the list of supplies below. Then I die cut a black frame and the sentiment using Lawn Fawn dies and added Stampin' Up Crystal Effects to make them look really shiny. It doesn't come across that well in the photo, but in real life they almost have a plastic look to them from the glossy accents. I was going to add some sequins or something, but then I thought maybe better to just leave it alone!

Card: 300 gsm watercolour paper, scraps of black 300 gsm card
Stencil: STAMPlorations Tribal Triangles
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks Broken China, Chipped Sapphire, Crushed Pistachio, Forest Moss, Peeled Paint, Pumice Stone and Scattered Straw
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle and Scripty Hugs die, Stampin' Up Crystal Effects

5 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Wonderful stenciling!

Lisa said...

Great job with the stencil, the background came out great!

Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what a fabulous take on the inspiration photo and on the sketch! I love it!

Heidi Baks said...

Fun card! I love the bold die-cuts against the dreamy sponged/stenciled background. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Miri said...

I love the muted colours you picked! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with the Daring Cardmakers this week.