Monday 11 January 2016

The swallowtail is back


If you read my post yesterday you know I went through a bit of a creative dry spell which I resolved by making loads of Distress Paint backgrounds. This is the second card resulting from those panels I created. This card was inspired by the colours over at ColourQ and I love how the pink and blue blend to make the most gorgeous lilac colour. I didn't want to cover the beautiful background too much so I thought I would just stamp the gorgeous Swallowtail from Stampin' Up and heat emboss it in white. Then I die cut the Happy from the Stampin' Up Hello You die set in kraft card, and last I stamped and embossed the Birthday from a Lawn Fawn set. Very clean and simple and another card that looks and feels like me. It's been a while since I used my Stampin' Up stash, but it was a nice change!

To create the background I daubed Distress Paints onto my craft mat, sprayed with water and swooshed my watercolour paper in the paint. Well, when I say craft mat, I actually use a reusable Teflon cooking mat. It seems to do the job just fine. Also, the best way to clean off dried paint from the mat I use alcoholic hand cleaner which I keep in my craft room to clean off my acrylic blocks. It seems to work really well. Just thought I would share these tips if anyone finds them useful.

I am linking up with the following challenges:
ColourQ - colours (see below)
Fantasy Stampers - Happy Birthday
Happy Little Stampers - Smooshing
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Creative Fingers Challenge - Anything Goes
PDE Linky Party - Anything Goes
Winter Wonderland - Spring Is In the Air



Card: 300 gsm watercolour card, kraft card
Ink: Tsukineko Versamark, Tim Holtz Distress Paints Broken China,Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar
Stamps: Stampin' Up Swallowtail, Lawn Fawn Happy Everything
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Dies, Stampin' Up Hello You dies, Papermania Seafoam White Embossing powder







9 comments:

Deepti said...

What a beauty !! that background is so gorgeous :)

Moni said...


A beautiful card you have worked there. , Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
Hugs Moni

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Stunning love the background. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Brown Sugar Challenge. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni,DT
brownsugarchallenge.

Jackie C said...

Love that vivid background! Thank you for linking with us at PDE, Jackie CT member

Maria Moorhouse said...

I love this card! Great colours and butterflies are always cool!

Thanks for joining our Birthday challenge over at Fantasy Stampers x

Kylie said...

Beautifully smooshed colours! LOVE the emobssed butterfly and die cut happy. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

beautiful card - love your background -

Barb Housner

Melissa said...

so pretty, gr8t job, thanks for joining PDE Linky party!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers. Hope to see you again next time.