Thursday 21 January 2016

STAMPlorations CAS challenge - mid-month inspiration


And so we have sped over halfway through January already. Is it just me, or is 2016 going even faster than 2015? The exciting bit about mid-month is that it's time to reveal our mid-month inspiration for the STAMPlorations CAS challenge, which this month is Anything goes with an optional colour twist of Silver. I wrote at length about the challenge in my post from earlier this month. And by hopping over to STAMPlorations CAS challenge blog you will find more inspiration from the rest of the DT.



For my mid-month inspiration card I used a stamp set I fell in love with the first time I saw it, Lotus Love from Dee's Artsy Impressions at STAMPlorations. I started by die cutting a piece of cardstock with a stitched die, stamped the flower in Memento Tuxedo Black and masked it. Then I inked the background using Distress inks and foam applicators to get a ombre background. After removing the masks I coloured the flower with Copics. I left a clear space in the corner to stamp a sentiment from Fond Expressions 2, which I heat embossed in our theme colour, silver. Last, I added a few tiny rhinestones for a very simple embellishment.

Don't forget that you have until the end of the month to link up with us to show your CAS creations. You don't have to use STAMPlorations products to take part, but if you have them we would love to see them. A randomly picked winner will receive a $10 gift card to the STAMPlorations shop, and even better, if the winner is using STAMPlorations products, they will receive a $15 gift card.

I am linking up with the following challenges: 
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
Inky Chicks - Anything Goes 
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart - Anything Goes
Sparkle N' Sprinkle - Use loose glitter, embossing powder or flocking (embossing powder in the sentiment)
One Crazy Stamper - Anything Goes
Hiding In My Craft Room - Embossing

Card: 300 gsm white card, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Lotus Love and Fond Expressions 2
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks Blueprint Sketch, Broken China and Chipped Sapphire, Tsukineko Versamark and Memento Tuxedo Black
Colouring: Copics G02, G05, G07, V04, V07, V09
Other: Papermania Silver tinsel embossing powder, Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle dies, adhesive gems from my stash

Disclaimer: I have received some STAMPlorations products for free in exchange for creating cards for the challenge. All opinions however are completely my own. As you can see by browsing my blog, I have been using STAMPlorations products (which I bought myself) way before my time on the DT and I wouldn't recommend them unless I absolutely loved them myself.

4 comments:

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

so stunning! I absolutely love the pop of purple on the flower!

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Very lovely! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

The ombre inking is wonderful! Your embossing is just perfect. Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle's Creative Challenge.

Sue said...

A lovely card. Thank you for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month.