Friday 22 January 2016

My first and only valentine for this year



I'm not big on Valentine's day cards, and not planning to make many. In fact, I'm assuming this will be my only one for the year, for my dear Culinary Consultant. It might be a bit too girly coloured, but he likes warm colours so why not. I had fun playing with the watercolour background, and decided to colour the moose with watercolours as well. Sorry about the horrible photo, I am about to head out of the country for a week, and realised that I won't be able to take a photo of the card in daylight before I go away, so had no choice.  Anyhow, as I will be away, it will be a bit quiet on the blog for the next week, I have a post or two lined up but that will be it on the crafting front for a while. I hope to see you all in a bit though, don't forget about me and take care!!

I am linking up with the following challenges:
ColourQ - colour challenge (and yes, I only used the colours from the challenge, but when smooshing pink and yellow it will create some orange to... so technically I don't think I'm cheating although there is also some orange in the background)
Lawnscaping - Watercolour
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Create With Critters
Retro Sketches - sketch
Make My Monday - Stitching (real or faux)


Card: 300 gsm white textured card, 190 gsm watercolour paper
Paper: Lawn Fawn Let's Polka and Let's Polka in the Dark
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters in the Arctic and matching dies
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Inks Mustard Seed, Worn Lipstick, Fired Brick, Vintage Photo and Ground Espresso
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle and Say Cheese dies



7 comments:

Jen said...

oh, I love this!!! It's amazing! the colors are fantastic and every detail just perfect!!! LOVE!!! thanks so much for playing along with us at Retro Sketches!!!

Cazro said...

Super colours, great background. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Caz DT

jenn shurkus said...

super sweet vday :) thank you for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Your watercoloring is wonderful - love your card!! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping, hugs, Karin

Christiana said...

So bright, and happy, and FUN! I love that moose. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Unknown said...

I LOVE this ADORABLE card!!! I'm becoming addicted to using distress inks!!! Thanks for sharing!

Fliss said...

Really beautiful card and great stitched element.
Thanks for joining in with my stitching challenge at Make My Monady.
Fliss DT x