Wednesday 27 January 2016

A world full of colour


Sorry for the silent treatment, I'm a few thousand miles from my craft room at the moment. I did however want to share with you this fun card I made last week, I absolutely love rainbows, I always say rainbow is my favourite colour. And of course I love Tim's Crazy Birds, and I realised I haven't had a play with them for a while so it was past time for them to come out and play.

I made a big bunch of rainbow Distress Paint backgrounds ages and ages ago. Apart from this card, the rest of the backgrounds have been hanging out unloved in my UFO box, so I thought it's about time to do something about it. I picked one of them and die cut it using a stitched rectangle die. Then I stamped one of the Crazy Birds and some artsy paraphernalia, coloured with Copics and die cut using the matching dies. Last I added a sentiment from STAMPlorations and attached everything onto white card.

I'm linking up with the following challenges:
Make My Monday - Newest or most favourite stamp 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - T is for Technique (Distress paint background)

Card: 250 gsm white card, 300 gsm white linen textured card, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card
Stamps: Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Bird Crazy and Crazy Things (and matching dies), STAMPlorations Fond Expressions 2
Ink and colouring: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Tim Holtz Distress Paints
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangles

7 comments:

Hetty said...

Such a darling card! I love the Crazy birds.

Donna said...

Fantastic card! Love the bright colours and of course the crazy bird! (would you believe I have that stamp set and dies and haven't used them yet??)
Thanks for coming back to the sisterhood for our "T is for Technique" challenge!!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

Lin said...

Great inking and colors - love those silly birds! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Barbara Godden said...

Gotta love those crazy birds and you made an awesome card with one, love the sentiment (although they can say anything you want) Thanks for joining the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for the T is for Technique challenge.

Lindsey said...

I too love these crazy birds — and this one with a paintbrush is so much fun! And perfect for your background. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

That bird looks great on your favorite color, and the paint brush is so fitting! Thanks for joining us for the T is For Technique challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!