Saturday 2 January 2016

A thank you card in new year colours


It's the time of year when we have to learn to write a new number, and it never gets any easier. Probably because as soon as you get to grips with writing 2015, it's already 2016. And I'm thinking this year will be no exception. I wish you will have the best possible 2016. I think amongst all people manically wishing everyone a Happy New Year with lots of exciting and wonderful things, we should all keep in mind that there are many people out there not looking forward to the new year for various reasons. The end of last year threw a curve-ball which will mean a very challenging new year full of worries. If you are going through something similar, I wish you all the strength you need to deal with whatever the new year brings. 

The new year is also a time to write thank you notes for all those kind and wonderful people who gave you a nice present or threw a wonderful party. I've struggled with finding inspiration for crafting amongst my anxiety over having to go back to work in just a few days so all I could deal with was something super simple. I used a stamp from STAMPlorations Celebrate Artsy and inked it up with Coastal Cabana and without re-inking, just stamped four times on watercolour paper and then misted lightly with water with blue Perfect Pearls. It doesn't really show up on the photo, but the background card has a very light sparkly shine to it. I know I could have achieved the same effect with watercolour, but some days you can't even deal with the effort of watercolouring (I mean, you will have to get a jar of water, wait for the colours to dry and clean the brushes, oh the fuss) so very thankful for these great stamps!). Then I cut a banner from Stampin' Up Gold Soiree Speciality DSP. I also stamped the Lawn Fawn Scripty Sentiments thank you on a scrap piece of black card in Versamark and heat embossed in gold, after which I cut the piece in the shape of a banner. Then I placed the banners approximately where I wanted then, and die cut everything using a Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die. Last, I matted the card front onto gold mirri card and a white card base, and added a few gold sequins for some bling. 

I am linking up with the following challenges:
ColourQ - colours (see below)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says Party (I hope this qualifies, as it's a thank you card for a great party, and also in very festive colours, well at least to me as soon as you include gold or silver, it's festive, right?)
Just Us Girls - Word week: Thank You


Card: 300 gsm white card, scrap of 250 gsm black card, 300 gsm watercolour paper, gold mirri card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Celebrate Artsy, Lawn Fawn Scripty Sayings
Ink: Stampin' Up Coastal Cabana, Tsukineko Versamark
Paper: Stampin' Up Gold Soiree
Dies: Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Dies
Other: Perfect Pearls Blue from my stash, gold sequins from my stash

4 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

Very pretty background! I love that Ombre look. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely card and use of the colors -- love the font of your ty too! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is fantastic! I love that background and thanks for sharing how you did it, it is a beautiful effect. Love your design, too. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Mandy said...

Fabulous CAS "Thank You" card!
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx