Wednesday 4 November 2015

Watercolour poppies


I'm back today with a brand new card, I think I must be slowly getting over my cold as I was able to create today. I didn't quite get through everything in one go, I had to take a nap halfway through, but at least I did manage to finish the card. This means it's back to work tomorrow, which is good as there has been a bunch of things that have piled up while I've been away. I do feel terribly guilty about taking sick leave. I know I shouldn't, and it's probably good that I'm not at work giving everyone my cold (although to be honest, colds are already contagious before you feel the symptoms, so chances are I have already given it to my colleagues...) and the truth is I probably wouldn't be very efficient in my current state, but I still feel so guilty just wrapped up warm in my bed or on the sofa.

Isn't it funny how some stamps become your favourites almost without noticing? I fell in love with the STAMPlorations Bloom Sketches stamp set because of the gorgeous daisy stamp, but somehow surprisingly and a little bit sneakily, the poppy one has been my most used stamp from this set (despite being quite a pain to colour, not to mention fussy cut...). As the theme over at Fusion currently is poppies, I couldn't resist to play along. I was inspired by the fun sketch over at Mojo Monday (which I interpreted very liberally) and the colours over at Color Throwdown. I also went to look for inspiration over at STAMPlorations CASEplorations. I was inspired by the stunning watercolouring of Deepti's card, and the cool stamping on Monika's card. Last but not least, I'm linking up with the STAMPlorations Anything Goes challenge.




Card: White 300 gsm card, 300 gsm watercolour paper, gold mirri card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Bloom Sketches, Mixed Media Elements 
Ink: Tim Holtz distress inks Abandoned Coral, Antique Paper, Peeled Paint, Tsukineko Versamark
Other: Gold embossing powder, gold sequins from my stash, Lawn Fawn Thinking About You border die
















11 comments:

shirley-bee said...

Love your no-line watercolouring of that gorgeous poppies stamp! Thanks so much for joining us at CASEplorations :)

LauraJane:) said...

This is so LOVELY!!

Monika Skinner said...

I know what you mean about stamps sneaking their way into your heart.... I must say, you've done the poppy proud. Your colouring is stunningly amazing!!! Fantastic CASE, great job combining Shirley's and my card. Thanks so much for joining us at STAMPlorations. Have a lovely day! ☺ x

maria f. said...

What a beautiful card in and of its own. And then I see how you combined all of the inspiration and I am really impressed! Thanks much for joining us at CASEplorations.

Deepti said...

Oh so pretty !!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous poppies!! Love the touch of gold with the sentiment!! So glad you joined us at CTD!!

An Occasional Genius said...

This is stunning! x

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, your watercolored poppies are sooo pretty and I love the gold sentiment!!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

Jodi Collins said...

I am in LOVE with this gorgeous card! Your watercolored flowers are just BEAUTIFUL and I LOVE the layout! Thanks SO much for playing along with The Color Throwdown!

Unknown said...

Your water coloring of the poppies is beautiful!! And I can see the sketch in your card too! Love the look of this card...Thanks for playing along with the Fusion Card Challenge!

Rosemary said...

wow... this is so amazing!! congrats on your shout out at color throwdown!