Sunday 1 November 2015

Crafts Galore Encore - November challenge


I know I say this every single time I post one of my monthly challenge projects, but where has the time gone? It was only just summer, and now we are speeding towards Christmas. Have you started your Christmas preparations yet? I have been making Christmas cards all year, which means I have a good stash by now. But now it's time to turn my thought to Christmas presents. I have to admit I am the worst present buyer in the world. For a long time, me and my sister have operated a system where we make a specific wish list. If I can't think of a truly useful present, I prefer to get the recipient something they really want and need. I am the same way myself, although I would always appreciate a gift, whatever it was, sometimes it's really great to get exactly that thing your crafting stash needs. I know it's very  unromantic and pragmatic, but I'm nothing if not a pragmatist. I do admire people who have the talent of buying thoughtful gift, and I do try my best. But I also am not a big fan of clutter and extra stuff you don't use, I do like to clear my house of any unused stuff so I also don't feel like giving gifts just for the sake of it. My rule of thumb is - if in doubt, buy something that can be eaten or experienced (like tickets for a show etc) and that doesn't add to someone's clutter. Are you a good gift buyer? Do you enjoy planning gifts and finding the perfect thing? Could you please share your secret?

Anyhow, onto more crafty things. A new month means a new challenge over at Crafts Galore Encore. This month we are challenging you to use a stamp or digi image somewhere on your card. Our sponsor this month is Art by Miran, who is giving away a prize for the randomly drawn winner. The DT will also pick a favourite each, who proudly gets to display the highly coveted Crafts Galore Encore badge on their blog. The talented DT is sharing inspiration using images from our sponsor, so hop over to have a look. Thank you for everyone who played along with your fabulous spooky designs for the October challenge, don't forget to have a look at the winner's page to see if you are one of them!


Please also note!! We have a DT CALL for a number of places on our DT over at Crafts Galore Encore to begin with the first challenge of 2016 on January 1st!
To join our DT please add DT to your entry for your challenge when you link up over at Crafts Galore Encore. If you have tried before please know that we encourage you to try again, as we now have more places open than usual. Our requirements are:

1. You need to have a blog and also a Facebook account (we run the group from a private FB group)
2. You will be required to produce one project each month. The themes aren't difficult and usually the sponsor will provide you with a digi image to work with (usually you get a choice as to which image you choose!) The project will need to be ready by the 28th of each month.
3. You will need to comment on challenge entries.
4. Every other month you will be asked to pick your choice of a winner and write a sentence or two about why you picked it (please click on the winners tab on the challenge website if you want to see what is needed !)
5. You need to enjoy colouring as we work with digi stamps (we chose to do this so that we could work with people worldwide!)
We are a friendly group and as flexible as we can be (understanding that life gets in the way of craft !)

I can tell you it's a really friendly and wonderful group with lots of support in our FB group. So if you want to get free digis from our sponsors to work with, and you get to keep them and use for your own projects and if you enjoy colouring or want to improve your skills this is a great opportunity! If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to leave a comment below and I'll get back to you, or you can leave a comment on the Crafts Galore Encore page. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:
Art by Miran - Anything Goes
Crafting With Friends - Anything Goes
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
Just Add Ink - Just Add W (W is for waving [as in waving your hand/paw, not waves on the ocean], or alternatively if you find this too silly, w is also for winter scene)
The Winter Wonderland Challenge Blog - Anything Goes as long as it's Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - Anything Goes
ABC Christmas Challenge - V is for Very Cute
52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Pick any previous challenge  (I picked June 2014 Reindeer/Rudolph)

Card: White 300 gsm card, scraps of dark and light purple card, Hobbycraft 160 gsm Three shades of Blue
DSP: Stampin' Up All is Calm
Stamps: Art by Miran digi Reindeer Friendship
Colouring: Copics
Other: Lawn Fawn Merry Christmas border die, Mini Snowflake dies, Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles, Ranger Ice Stickles

9 comments:

Adventures in Paperland said...

Super cute image! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Lisa DT

Andree said...

A wonderful card Karola. I love the cute image and the pretty paper xx

Fabiola said...

Adorable et charmante création, ce joli couple donne le sourire, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

Jan said...

Such a beautiful winter scene Pink Unicorn! Whilst I love your card I'm sorry to tell you that it seems you may have missed our Challenge rules (at the bottom of our challenge post)? These ask you to please enter no more than 5 other challenges when entering at Just Add Ink. So hope you can understand that means you are unable to qualify this week. We look forward to seeing you and your beautiful creations back next week :-) Jan, Just Add Ink Design Team

Cards By MI said...

Sweet and lovely looking card. Lovely image. Thanks for joining us over at the Winter Wonderland this time.
Love n hugs
Marie

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Lovely image with wonderful colouring! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

CraftingMum said...

Lovely card thanks for joining us at Crafting with friends. Louise DT x

Deborah Frings said...

What a fun Christmas card. Love the image of Rudolf and his friend. Thanks so much for playing along with our Pick a Previous Theme at 52CCT this week!

flossbite said...

Super make! Thanks for joining us at CHNC this month. Hope to see you again!
Fiona DT x