Sunday 8 November 2015

Alpaca my plaid scarf


Sometimes it's the small things in life which make me confused (although I admit I'm easily confused, so maybe it's just me). Like the division of people into morning showerers and evening showerers. I know most people take a shower when they wake up. However, I cannot get my head around this. To me, it makes more sense to shower in the evening for multiple reasons. Firstly, you get dirty during the day, and you would want to wash off said dirt before you get into bed so you don't bring all the grime and dirt of the day with you between your clean, white sheets (although I'm happy to admit that these days most people won't really get dirty in the sense of proper dirt, unless you are a keen gardener, farmer or maybe a building worker). The second reason is time. I'm much happier showering in the evening and the sleeping in that extra time in the morning. Three, if I shower in the morning I get so incredibly cold as soon as I step out of the shower, and this chill follows me most of the day. I was just reminded of this great divide yesterday morning as I actually had to take a morning shower, and then was cold most of the day. Oh well, we are all different. Just one of those small funny observations in life, particularly as I live with a morning showerer. 

I'm not the only one who is easily confused, my potted plant
has decided now is the time to flower again. It clearly doesn't
know it's winter from it's spring... 

After this deeply philosophical thought I should probably get onto today's card. I really wanted to play along with the Plush&Plaid challenge over at Curtain Call. And I thought the little alpaca from Lawn Fawn Winter Alpaca would look absolutely adorable in a plaid scarf. I was also inspired by the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches and the colours over at Your Next Stamp.




The card in itself is quite simple, I stamped the winter alpaca onto Whisper White card, coloured with Copics and die cut with the matching die. I also stamped it onto the plaid paper and fussy cut the scarf. I die cut the circles using Lawn Fawn Stitched Circle dies, and stamped the sentiments from the Winter Alpaca set. Last I stamped the little snowflake and heart from the alpaca stamp set in Versamark all over the background, and die cut two snowflakes using Lawn Fawn Mini Snowflakes dies from the blue plaid paper. I added two mini adhesive rhinestones from my stash to the snowflakes for a bit of bling-bling.

Card: Coloured 240 gsm craft card beige, Stampin' Up Whisper White card, Vanguard card 010 Buff
Paper: Stampin' Up Sweater Weather
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Winter Alpaca and matching dies
Ink: Tsukineko Versamark and Memento Tuxedo Black
Colouring: Copics E34, E43 and E99
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched Circle and Mini Snowflake dies, adhesive rhinestones from my stash

13 comments:

Alanna said...

What a darling card. And I love your philosophy on evening showers. Makes perfect sense.

Anita said...

This is such a fun and cute card - that sentiment is hilarious! Thanks for joining our challenge at Your Next Stamp.

An Occasional Genius said...

I have to laugh at your random shower observations! It's the sort of thing that gets me puzzling too lol! Love your alpaca and the sentiment is brilliant, just the giggle I needed after my weekend. Have a great day x

Donna Ellis said...

Karola, I love that your errant plant is blooming out of season! LOL It's a beautiful pink shade (my favorite color of plant bloom) and loos so determined to bless her care-giver! Love your darling little alpaca with the happy smile that it's cold outside - they thrive in the cooler weather! Your card is super sweet!

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute! Love your fun take on this weeks plush & plaid challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Curtain Call!

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet take on the inspiration photo!

Kim S said...

I raise my hand for the morning shower!! A shower and a cup of coffee are required for me to be fully awake! LOVE this little alpaca. He's so charming on the plaid. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches and at Curtain Call!

Karren said...

Every time I see this alpaca and sentiment, I can't help but smile. Too, too cute! Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Sue said...

Your card is so cute!! And great use of the colour sketch!
Thank you for joining us at Your Next Stamp!

Anonymous said...

Hey Pink Unicorn!! I love your card. The colors are super cute. Nicely done. Thank you so much for playing along with YNS Sketch and Color Challenge.

Maureen said...

So cute! Thanks for playing along with us at YNS!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Such a warm card with those colors and patterns. Perhaps it is the plaid which I am such a fan of. Thanks for joining in the fun at YNS and sharing your take on challenge #27.

~ Kendra ~ said...

Great card!! Thank you for joining us at Your Next Stamp! Hope you will join us again next time!!