Monday 26 October 2015

Pink Christmas


Do you know that feeling when you just finished chopping chillies, washed your hands and then administered eye drops to yourself, naively thinking washing those hands has removed all of that fiery burning stuff? If you don't, consider yourself lucky! It did take my mind off the itching in my eyes, that's fore sure. 

After recovering from my brush with chilli-induced blindness, I wanted to play along with the current ColourQ challenge, having planned to do so all week, but just not quite getting around to do it. I decided to CASE my earlier small and cute Christmas cards to make a larger version. I really love how the card turned out! So quick and easy, and one layer is the cheapest option for posting as well. I'm also linking up over at Crimbo Crackers where the theme is Pink and ABC Christmas Challenge where the theme is U for Unusual Christmas Colours. I'm also linking up with The Unicorn Challenge where the theme is Think Pink. Last but not least I'm linking up with Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge where the theme is Throwback, you can pick any of their previous challenges. I picked "In the clouds" from January 2015, as I love the snow clouds and those small, unique snowflakes just drifting down, like the clouds breaking up into minuscule pieces. 




I started by creating a mask by die cutting a Lawn Fawn Stitched rectangle die, and used the mask to ink using distress inks. Then I used a watercolour brush to flick some water drops onto the inked background to create the splashes. I used a silver Sharpie to draw the border. The next step is really crucial, I used my embossing buddy liberally to make sure the embossing powder would only stick to the ink. I stamped the snowflakes in Versamark and embossed in silver powder. Last, I stamped the sentiment in black and added a few adhesive gems of that final touch. 

Card: 300 gsm white card
Ink: Tsukineko Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz distress inks Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick
Stamps: Stampin' Up Endless Wishes
Other: Silver Sharpie, Papermania Silver embossing powder, adhesive gems from my stash

4 comments:

Melanie R said...

Such a pretty card! I missed the date on colourQ for this one but am going to use the colors for a different challenge. At some point in the near future, I hope it's ok to CASE your card. I love it!

Thanks for sharing.

Maura said...

Beautiful! I wouldn't have thought of pink, and it just gorgeous on this card! Thanks for joining us in the throwback challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge this week!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, so pretty! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge, Don't forget we have a DT call!
hugs Samantha :0)

samantha's cards said...

Beautiful card! I love the pink with the snowflakes.