Friday 23 October 2015

Happy Crazy Halloween



Boy am I glad it's Friday. I'm suffering from a worklife related existential crisis. All I do is try to get through the weeks and make it to the weekend, sometimes it even feels like I'm only fully alive from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon, the rest of the time I'm walking around in a zombie-like stupor. I know I'm supposed to be all excited and positive, but all I want to do is bury myself under my duvet and eat a ton of chocolate. I know it's just the darkness and this time of the year, and it will eventually pass. It's funny how some people just embrace autumn and talk about wrapping up in huge sweaters and having hot beverages. I'm trying to see their side of the argument, but I'm finding it very hard, especially as my toes are freezing despite doubling up with fluffy wool socks. Grumble, grumble...

Talking about zombie-like stupor, it's almost Halloween! I can't wait for next weekend, as I will be spending it with alpacas, the coolest animals ever! Pop back next weekend to hear what it's all about... Anyhow, back to Halloween. I grew up not even knowing what Halloween was, so it's never featured on my list of interests. I mean nowadays it's all been imported from the US, but back in my childhood, we didn't know about trick-or-treating. We do have an All Saints night around the same time of the year, but it's all about lighting candles and remembering those who have passed. No pumpkins or candies though.

Despite my general lack of interest towards Halloween, I had to have a little play with the gorgeous Crazy Things Halloween-y bits and bobs, just for one card. I have no idea what to do with it as I really don't know anyone who is into Halloween to send it to, but at least I had lots of fun making it! My colour inspiration for this card was this week's Colour Me...! with some quite Halloween-ish colours. The layout was inspired by the sketch over at Mojo Monday, it's been a while since I played along over there. It's also been waaay to long since I played along with the Snarky Sisters, so here is my long overdue contribution to the most recent challenge which is Halloween with some pink. Boy, I've missed good old Edna! I'm also linking up over at 4 Crafty Chicks, The Friday MashupDeep Ocean Challenges and Inky Chicks where the theme is Halloween




Card: 300 gsm black card, 250 gsm white card, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card
Stamps: Tim Holtz Stamper's Anonymous Bird Crazy and Crazy Things with matching dies, Lawn Fawn Hats Off
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Tim Holtz distress inks Black Soot, Wilted Violet
Colouring: Copics YR02, YR04, YR07, R20, R43, V04, V09, E37
Other: Lawn Fawn Happy Birthday border die, Tag You're It die and Let's Polka in the dark paper pad, Stampin' Up Glossy Accents

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Great to see you back with the Sisterhood! No one really needs Halloween cards, they're just fun to make. And I love anything with these birds! Yours is coloured so well. Thanks for joining the Halloween fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Julie Gearinger said...

What a fun card!! Love the use of this week's colors with your fabulous bird and all of his accessories!! Thanks for playing along with us at Colour Me!

Lisa said...

Great use of the bird for your Halloween card!

Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

Heidi Baks said...

Despite not being a child of Halloween, very cool interpretation. I hope things are looking up at work soon! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Donna said...

Ohhhhhh alpacas! I am looking forward to hearing about that!
Love your crazy bird halloween creation!! Thanks for joining the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for our "Pink Halloween" challenge!!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

WOW, such a fun Halloween card! Great coloring too! Thank you for joining us at Colour Me this week!

Norma said...

Fabulous coloring and card. Thank you for joining us over at Friday Mashup's challenge.
Hugs,
Norma