Saturday 5 September 2015

Field of flowers


Today when I went to the conservatory to photograph my card,  I saw that we had a little visitor in our garden. A little Muntjac deer was munching away on the apples that have fallen from the apple tree. Unfortunately the little creature was so skittish that I could only snap a few very poor quality photos through the window, but when I tried to quietly make my way outside for a few more snaps, the little cutie had already hopped along elsewhere. I do love these little moments of getting up close and personal with nature.



My card is also inspired by Nature, and the lovely STAMPlorations flower stamps. I was also inspired by the sketch over at Retro Sketches (although the result strayed quite far from the original inspiration) and by the inspiration image over at Just Add Ink. I am also linking up my field of flowers over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge where the theme is Make It Colourful and the STAMPlorations Anything Goes challenge. 




Card: Daler&Rowney 300 gsm watercolour paper, 300 gsm linen textured white card, black 240 gsm card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Floral Bliss and Bloom Sketches
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress markers
Other: Lawn Fawn Scripty Congrats die, coloured pearls from my stash

8 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Lovely use of the Just Add Ink inspiration. Love the rainbow diecut greeting such a great effect! Thanks for joining us this week.

Jodene said...

Such a pretty card, and I love your colourful flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink :)

Christine Blain said...

Such a beautiful, cheerful card - and how awesome that you get deer in your yard! Thanks for sharing in the fun at Just Add Ink this week. :)

Gayatri said...

Love all the colourful flowers and the watercoloured background. Pretty card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)

Nora Noll said...

Wow!! this is lovely!! I love the painting on this!!

Anonymous said...

Stunning colours - great how you have made a mirror image - looks great. Chantell JAI

Celeste Goff said...

What a gorgeous card! Love those beautiful flowers and the color combo is awesome!

Jen said...

oh, this is so pretty!! great colors and I love your take on the sketch!! have a great one and thanks for playing along with us at Retro Sketches!!