Saturday 29 August 2015

Shake that crazy bird


I am in heaven right now. Not only is it bank holiday Monday, but I cheekily took Tuesday off work as well. And that's not all, I am taking next Friday off as well! So I'm enjoying four wonderful days of freedom, two short (I hope...) days at work and then another three days doing nothing but being lazy! The bad news is that I'm trying to eat sensibly, which means I can't enjoy my days off by stuffing my face with chocolate and doughnuts. Sigh! But I can't really fit into any of my clothes (I'm suspecting a selective malfunction of our washer, it must have shrunk them all), so I have to try and be good for a while. So instead, I'm compensating by crafting. Crafting is great for anyone wanting to lose weight. You are so focused on what you do, you hardly have time to think about sweets. Except if you are using doughnut or macaroon stamps... 

I've been very busy crafting today, mostly getting ahead with my design team assignments, but I also got out the Cra-ha-zy Birds for a play with the current My Favourite Things colour and sketch challenge. I'm also linking up with Addicted to Stamps where the theme is Clean and Simple (I guess you could debate whether a shaker is CAS or not, but the layout of the card is pretty CAS in my mind) and last but not last Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where anything goes. 



I first tried the crazy bird and sentiment against the lilac background, but thought it was a bit too bland, so I decided to make it into a shaker for some added interest, and I think it turned out quite nice. Note to self though, don't buy mixed coloured sequins, buy each colour separate as it's really annoying to pick out only particular colours. 

Card: Coloured 240 gsm kraft card lilac and teal, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card
Stamps: Tim Holtz Bird Crazy, Stampin' Up Rotary Alphabet stamp
Ink and colouring: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Black Soot, Copics
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Dies, sequins and seed beads from my stash


2 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful coloring on your 'Crazy Bird', and I love how you placed your sentiment! Awesome card! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

Jingle said...

I LOVE this! So super cute!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us for Anything Goes week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!