Sunday 23 August 2015

Let it snow in the woods

It's grey and pouring with rain outside. Yesterday was gloriously hot, sunny and wonderful. It was still warm late in the evening when I went out in the pitch black night to get something from the garage. We also finally made good on our promise to buy another tennis racket so we could go playing tennis. There is a free council tennis court about a 30 second walk from our back yard. I can't believe it has taken us two whole years to actually get around to trying it out. But better late than never I guess. I'm quite clearly the worse tennis player, but at least we are having fun and getting a bit of exercise at the same time. 

In addition to a very bad game of tennis, I also had time to put together this card. I stamped the scene using the Joy to the Woods stamp set. I used my Faber Castell watercolour pencils to colour the scene and added some snow using a white gel pen and dotted some Ranger Ice Stickles. I then cut the panel using a Stitched Rectangle die. I embossed the dark blue card with a swirly embossing folder and added the wintery scene. I created the snowflake embellishment using the Stitched Snowflakes dies and added some Ice Stickles. Last, I heat embossed the sentiment from Critters in the Arctic in white onto a purple banner.

The layout of the card was inspired by the current CAS(E) this Sketch challenge. I am also linking up with the Lawnscaping "Embossing" challenge. I would also like to link up with Addicted to Stamps where the challenge this week is "Holiday" and Sparkles Christmas Challenge where the theme is "No designer paper".



Card: Coloured 240 gsm kraft card navy, Daler&Rowney 300 gsm Aquafine watercolour paper, 300 gsm white linen textured card, scrap of purple card
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Joy to the Woods, Critters in the Arctic
Ink and colouring: Tsukineko Staz-on, Versamark, Faber Castell watercolour pencils, Signo white gel pen
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle dies, Stitched Snowflake dies, Ranger Ice Stickles, Papermania Seafoam White embossing powder, Sizzix embossing folder swirls


8 comments:

Bobby said...

Your little winter woods scene is so cute and wonderfully colored. Thanks for joining us in the ATSM holiday challenge this week.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love your scene! Great take on the sketch!

Brenda B said...

I love your cute little scene. Such a great take on the sketch which I saw this weekend when I was looking for a sketch and couldn't think what to do with it!! Thanks for playing along with us at Sparkles Christmas this month.

Hugs
Brenda B

Shona Chambers said...

This is so sweet and such a great use of the CTS challenge sketch. I love Lawn Fawn's critters and you've coloured them all beautifully. I especially love how you painted the sky, its amazing. And I know what you mean about getting round to doing something. It took us 5 years to finally taking a picnic dinner to the local swimming pool in Summer, even though we swim there nearly every day each Summertime. I'm such a procrastinator!!!! So very happy you joined us at ATSM this week too!

Christiana said...

This is such a pretty scene! And it's kinda cool and different that you added it asymmetrically like that. Draws the eye in even more because it's unexpected. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Helen said...

This is lovely. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Sparkles Christmas Challenges.
Hugs Helen P (DT) xx

Unknown said...

Oh my I just LOVE your winter scene! It is OH so pretty!!! Gorgeous card!!

Cazro said...

A very sweet card. Thanks for joining in the fun at Sparkles Christmas Caz DT.