Sunday 9 August 2015

Happy new bachelor pad!


I made a happy new home card for my Dad who has moved house. I don't have any stamp sets that would directly be for new home cards, so they always require a bit of imagination. This time I was inspired by the sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch (although I did rotate the sketch into landscape instead to fit my image), the colours over at Color Throwdown, the inspiration image over at Just Add Ink and the elemental inspiration over at Daring Cardmakers (I was inspired by the wooden frames, the wooden wall for my background and the blue wall for the blue banner in my cars). 





Card: White 300 gsm card, kraft card, scraps of Pistachio Pudding and Soft Sky card
Stamps: Stampin' Up Hardwood, Nuts About You and Alphabet Rotary Stamp
Ink: Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Pistachio Pudding, Calypso Coral
Other: Lawn Fawn Congrats scripty die, Stampin' Up Banner punch, Stampin' Up Basic adhesive pearls (coloured with a brown Sharpie)



7 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

This will work well for your dad's moving to "a new nest"! :-) Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

ColourmehappyDi said...

Great card for your Dad's move. Definitely masculine with a lovely fun birdie touch. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week & thanks too for your lovely comment on my blog. Di :-)

Anonymous said...

Very cute card - and an great reason to give a card too. I'm sure it will be loved. Chantell JAI

Svenja said...

Lovely card! I like the combo of rustic wood and the sweet bird. The "new nest" is a great idea for a welcome home card. Thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers this week!

Nikki Spencer said...

Such a cute take on our just add ink inspiration challenge, your sentiment just made me smile. Thanks so much for joining us this week.

Rochelle Blok said...

Such a gorgepous card! Love all the wooden elements and the frame is super cute! Thanks for playing along this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet! Great take on the sketch!