Monday 10 August 2015

Distress paint rainbows


I was going to go to the gym after work today. I even brought my gym kit with me. But then I somehow ended up coming home and playing with my Distress Paints instead. Whoopsie! After messing about creating rainbow backgrounds inspired by the Rainbow challenge over at Stampin' Royalty, I decided to make a card using one of the backgrounds.

I created the backgrounds by pouring blobs of paint onto a craft mat and spritzing with loads of water. I then dabbed different papers in the paint. I used watercolour paper, hammered paper and linen texture paper. I let the paints dry, and helped them along a bit with a heat gun. 



After picking my favourite background I die cut it using a Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle die. I love how the linen textured cardstock looks almost like canvas. I die cut the letters for the word rainbow from gold mirri card using Lawn Fawn Cole's ABCs. I used the Stampin' Up Alphabet Rotary stamp to create the custom sentiment. Finally I attached the background to a piece of linen textured card using 3D foam pads, and added a few colourful sequins.

I am linking up with the following challenges:
Stampin' Royalty - Rainbow
Addicted to Stamps - ATG 
House of Cards - Metallics
Time Out Challenge - Word inspiration "Friendship is Golden" (I was inspired by the "golden" bit, although I think this card would be perfect for  a friend who is going thought a rough time)

Card: 300 gsm linen textured white card, gold mirri card
Paints: Tim Holtz Distress Paints Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Festive Berries, Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, Peacock Feathers, Twisted Citron
Stamps: Stampin' Up Alphabet Rotary Stamp
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle dies, Cole's ABC's, sequins from my stash


10 comments:

Mynn xx said...

SO true, and I absolutely LOVE this! Beautiful use of watercoloring, gold,and sequins--all fabulous! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Judy V said...

Beautiful card! Love the background and sentient! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards!

Julie B said...

Looks like you had fun with the w/cs, great design and sentiment.
Thanks for linking up at ATSM this week. :)

Neets B said...

Wow, fabulous backgrounds you created and I love your super card. I know I'd rather be creating that at the gym too!
Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

Becca Cruger said...

This is one of the most gorgeous cards I've seen in quite some time. I am so beyond in love with it!!! INCREDIBLE!!!

Shona Chambers said...

I totally agree that this would be perfect for a friend in need, its so gorgeous!! Absolutely love the rainbow effect and using a white cardbase really makes those colours pop. So very glad you shared this with us at TIME OUT and ATSM this week!

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning card - I love it! Jo x

Katy said...

This is so colorful and pretty and I love the gold! That's a great sentiment. Beautifully done! :) Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards! :)

Lynn said...

Wow! Love seeing how you created the fabulous backgrounds. Amazing! Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

foleysfriend said...

Love your watercolour rainbow; inspired us of gold and sequins to add a bit of shine and sparkle. Beautiful card.

Thanks for joining us at House of Cards
sue n.
HOC DT