Wednesday 3 June 2015

Smile Crocodile


Time for some water colouring fun with my birthday pressie stamp set. I just love the adorable Lawn Fawn critters, and now they are coming out with new stamp sets again... Be still my credit card!

My inspiration for today's card is The Friday Mashup where the challenge is a sketch and watercolour. I was also inspired by the current Lawnscaping challenge which is Calling all Critters. I'm also linking up at Crafty Creations Challenge where the theme is All Creatures Great and Small




First, I made a mock up of the card by stamping on scrap paper to get the layout of the critters. Then I stamped the scene in Antique linen distress ink onto watercolour paper and masking the already stamped images. I then used a stitched rectangle die to cut out the card front. I coloured the scene using Tim Holtz distress inks and a watercolour brush. Last, I made a background using a paper from Let's Polka, Mon Amie. 

Card: White 300 gsm card, Daler&Rowney 300 gsm Aquafine watercolour paper
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters Down Under
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress inks
Paper: Lawn Fawn Let's Polka, Mon Amie, Stitched Rectangle Dies

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your watercolor scene, so adorbs! Thanks so much for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

Heidi Weaver said...

Oh my goodness! I'm in love! Those Lawn Fawn critters are beyond adorable. Your scene really does them proud. Great job on the watercolouring and following the mashup theme this week. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup challenge.

brrenwick said...

These little critters are adorable!!! You did a fantastic job coloring everything! Thanks for playing along at Friday Mashup!

Samantha Casey said...

Amazing scene! It is simply adorable! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
-Samantha

Elise C. said...

Wow, this card is gorgeous!! Your water coloring is so pretty and I really like how you used all of the critters in your scene! So cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

Unknown said...

Oh wow, your coloring in incredible and your scene is so much fun!!

Unknown said...

Lovely card, beautiful no line watercoloring, really great to see one set go so far :)

{Chrissie} said...

Fantastic watercoloring and I just love the overall layout with all the critters! Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping Challenges!