Thursday 25 June 2015

Fusion card challenge

This is the card I wanted to make ever since the first time I saw the gorgeous STAMPlorations Bloom Sketches stamp set. I love the gorgeous big flowers and there are so many ways to use them. And they are so great for water colouring. When I saw the the inspiration image over at Fusion Card Challenge I knew exactly what my card would look like. I kind of used the sketch too, or maybe not, I'm not sure. I would also like to link up over at Allsorts Challenges where the theme is Use a Stamp, The Artistic stamper challenge where the theme is Summer Is On It's Way, Live and Love Crafts Inspiration Blog with the theme In the Garden and the STAMPlorations Anything Goes challenge.

To create this card I created a mask and then stamped the flowers using the mask to give the impression of depth. I chose the colours from the inspiration image and coloured the flowers using Tim Holtz Distress markers and a water brush. I also created a green shadow around the flowers to further emphasise the impression of depth. Then I inked up the Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and spritzed it with water before stamping to create the effect of watercolour splotches. Then I die cut the sentiment which was inspired by the colours of the butterfly in the insoiration photo, and stamped the second part in black ink. Last, I matted the front panel onto green and blue cardstock to match the watercolour splotches. I absolutely love the look of those flowers, and I love how impressive stamps are the perfect tools to create really impressive cards without much more than a few markers and a watercolour brush.
Card: white 300gsm card, Hobbycraft three shades of Blue and Three shades of green as well as 160 gsm white card, scrap of black card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Bloom Sketches, Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grunge
Ink: Tsukineko Staz-On Jet Black, Tim Holtz distress markers Mustard Seed, Fossilized Amber, Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmelade, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Gathered Twigs, Walnut Stain, Seedless Preserves, Mowed Lawn, Broken China
Other: Lawn Fawn Scripty Hugs die

 

6 comments:

Shery Russ said...

Beautiful, beautiful card -- and it perfectly goes with that inspiration photo! Love your watercoloring :o)

brenda said...

A really pretty inky background and lovely flowers.

Many thanks for joining in our stamping theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

Aileen said...

Very very pretty card. Really eye catching.

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful card, love the happy colors.
Thanks so much for joining us at Artistic stamper this month.

~amy~ said...

absolutely beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at FUSION!

Unknown said...

Such vibrant colours; a great Summer card! Thanks for joining LLC for our "In the Garden" challenge.

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts