Tuesday 28 April 2015

Holly Jolly challenge - White with one colour


It's time for a new challenge over at Holly Jolly. This time the challenge is "White with one other colour". Our wonderful sponsors this time are Stitchy Bear, QKR Stampede and Sami Stamps. Not only do they have really great images to work with in the their stores, they are all giving away great prizes you can win by following the theme and linking up with us over the next two weeks. There is plenty of inspiration from the amazing DT over at Holly Jolly to get you going. 

For my cards I used the beautiful Snowflake Ornament and Striped Ornament digi from Sami Stamps. After deciding on my card design I created multiple cards in different colours as I'm trying to build up a good stash of Christmas cards in good time so that I have one less thing to worry about come December. 


For the cards, I started by arranging the two Christmas ornaments into the design I wanted and then printed multiple copies of the card. I die cut the card front using Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle dies. I coloured the ornaments using Tim Holtz distress inks and a foam applicator. Then I stamped a Christmas sentiment using the same ink. Last, I added some Crystal Effects to the ornaments giving them a cool glossy look although unfortunately it doesn't show very well in the photos.



I made three different coloured cards using Pine Needles, Peacock Feathers and Festive Berries distress inks. I mounted the cards onto matching coloured cardstock and added a home made enamel dot. I was inspired to make my own enamel dots from Perler beads using this tutorial


I am linking up with the following challenges: 
CAS on Sunday - White and one other colour (Great minds think alike!!)
The Glory of Christmas - Use a digi 
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - 20 minutes or less
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - Anything Goes
Christmas Cards All Year Round - Christmas ornaments 
Hiding in My Craft Room - Any Holiday
Digitally Sweet Challenges - Anything Goes

Card: Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card, Coloured 240 gsm kraft card
Ink: Tim Holtz distress inks Festive Berries, Pine Needles, Peacock Feathers
Stamps: Sami Stamps Snowflake Ornament and Striped Ornament, Dovecraft 'Tis the Season S'Jingle 
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Dies, Crystal Effects, home made enamel dots

8 comments:

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Very cute cards, great colors. Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR.

Sue - HIMCR DT
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful Christmas cards. Very nice design. Judy

Lena said...

Beautiful and festive Christmas cards. Love the colours you used.
Thanks for joining in the fun at Hiding in My Craft Room.
♥ Lena – DT
Lena’s Creations

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering The Glory of Christmas challenge 57 and CCAYR April challenge with your lovely crafting, Hazel, DTs - thanks also for entering this into both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

sweet art designs said...

Love the simplicity. Great cas design. Thank you for sharing with us at the Glory of Christmas. - Myrna DT

Cindy Groh said...

Your cards are wonderful examples of less is more. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Cards all year Round. a new challenge starts this Friday. Hope to see you there.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Wonderful cards, really like the colours you chose. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet Challenges, hope to see you again.

Shelly said...

These are fabulous! Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!