Friday 2 January 2015

Confessions of a paper hoarder


I have alluded to this before. But it's hard to talk about. I know many of you harbour similar tendencies, so maybe it's safe to say it out loud. After all, admitting a problem is the first step to healing. I am a paper hoarder. I love buying crafting papers and so very bad at using them. There, you have the ugly truth.


But today I tried to take a step in the right direction. Just use up a tiny little bit from the edge of a few papers. To encourage me on my road to recovery I used the current Freshly Made Sketch. Color Me...! are celebrating their one year anniversary, and you can pick any of the previous colour combos. I picked a yellow and turquoise one, and combined it with grey. I stamped the flower in Basic Grey and coloured with Blendabilites. I'm also entering the card over at Shopping Our Stash where the theme is Thrice as Nice (use at least three patterned papers). 


Card: Leonardo Stationery 300 gsm white card, Stampin' Up Basic Grey, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white 
Paper: Stampin' Up Eastern Elegance
Stamps: Stampin' Up Bloom With Hope, Good Greetings
Colouring: Stampin' Up Blendabilities  Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up Smoky Slate
Other: Stampin' Up Basic pearls

3 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

Congratulations on taking that first step! I am on a similar journey, so maybe we can encourage each other along the way! You made excellent use of the paper, your project is well crafted and perfect for our THRICE AS NICE Challenge here at Shopping Our Stash! Look forward to seeing what papers you use next week!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Cindy Hall said...

I'm so glad you're conquering your tendency to hoard papers, and I'm so glad you shared these beautiful papers with us! They are lovely and so is your flower. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Unknown said...

I had forgotten about that DSP - Good catch with the colour combo :) Thank you so much for sharing a card with us at Colour Me…! for our 1 year anniversary :)