Thursday 25 December 2014

Greeting card set in a box

Although it's still Christmas time, I thought it would be nice to move on to some non-Christmas crafting now.

I have made a few of these card sets already, but I enjoy making a set of cards, challenging myself to make them all different but still keeping the same feel across all cards in the set. My other sets are here and here with the instructions for making the box. I added another level to the challenge by using a DSP I really had no idea what to do with. I just couldn't get any grasp of this pattern, and I'm still debating with myself whether I like these cards and the colours or not. I also stamped inside the cards, and stamped matching envelopes. At least the whole set is now tucked in the box, away from sight and waiting for some poor unsuspecting victim.

I'm entering my card set in the following challenges:
Miriam's Crafting Blog - Handmade gifts

C.R.A.F.T Challenge - Anything Goes

Creative knockouts - Anything Goes

Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes

Card: Leonardo Stationery 350 and 300 gsm white card, Coloured 240 gsm kraft card in Chocolate Brown and Navy
Paper: Stampin' Up International Bazaar
Inks: Stampin' Up Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point, Pear Pizzazz
Stamps: Stampin' Up Madison Avenue, Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
Other: Stampin' Up Banner Punch, Scalloped tag topper punch, Decorative label punch, Vine Street embossing folder, blue gingham ribbon from my stash

 

2 comments:

Judy McKay said...

Great project. Pretty card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Knock Out this week. Judy DT

Margaret said...

Very cute and a lovely gift idea. Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts. Good luck. Maggie - DT