Sunday 2 November 2014

A different Christmas card


I'm very bad at using DSPs. I hoard them, I love to look at them, but I feel like I should save them for a "special occasion". How cooky is that? So when I saw that the current CASEing the Catty challenge was to make a Christmas card inspired by the Stampin' Up Autumn-Winter cattie, I knew the lovely All Is Calm speciality DSP was the way to go. The reason for this is that the only stamp set I have from the Holiday cattie is the ever so lovely White Christmas, but as I have already used it quite a bit (for example here and here) I thought something different was in order. I did use the lovely "Merry Christmas" banner from that stamp set though, and paper pieced it despite swearing before that I would never do it again.

I was inspired by the colours and the "feeling" of the picture on page 32, but unlike my other makes for this challenge, this isn't a direct CASE, I was just using the picture for inspiration. I do love the Endless Wishes stamp set with the snowflakes, but I haven't been able to justify buying it as I already have another snowflake stamp set. At first I thought I didn't like the very stylised snowflakes, but the more I see it used, the more I want it. 
Stampin' Up Autumn-Winter Catalogue page 32
I was also inspired by the last Viva La Verve sketch for the month (that is for last month of course, still trying to get to grips with November). I'm also participating in The Christmas Card Challenge where the theme this week is No Embellishments and Sweet Stampin Christmas where the theme is Snowflakes.

Card: Leonardo Stationery 300 gsm White card, Stampin' Up Basic Grey card
Paper: Stampin' Up All Is Calm speciality DSP
Stamp: Stampin' Up White Christmas
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black
Other: Stampin' Up All is Calm Designer Washi Tape

12 comments:

Tracey T said...

Love the colours in this gorgeous layered design. Thank you for playing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'! Tracey x

Nancy Thomas said...

So pretty - I love the colors.

Sharnee Torrents said...

Dear Tracey!! WELL DONE lovely in using some of that amazing DSP stash you must have!! I can soooo relate, soooo hard at times to crack that packet and use it cause it's all soooo pretty!!! But you did it and made a wonderful card too!!! Super job dear lady and thanks heaps for joining with us at CASE_ing the Catty!
SMiles Sharnee :)

Sharnee Torrents said...

Opps, sorry about the "name" one of those moments!!! OPPS!!!!
Thanks again dear lady!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I love that you have thought outside the 'square' with CTC. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with us.

Becky said...

Adorable card.

Marsha Reed said...

Very nice card. I love that All Is Calm DSP! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

Unknown said...

wow that is stunning .... I too used to have 'issues' with hoarding DSP ... so much so that I usually split a packed with a friend ... then it doesn't seem so bad to cut into the pieces when it feels like I don't have to break open a new packet ... really love your finished card, thanks for joining us at CTC

AB. said...

Very pretty card! I hoard DSP too. You are not alone my friend. :)
Thanks for joining us at CTC this week. :)

Donna B. said...

Fun Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week!

Monique said...

I am very much like you, I horde DSP because it is so lovely, but when we do use it, it makes beautiful projects. I love how you have used different sheets from the pack to make your card.
Cheers
Monique

mixamatoasties said...

Lovely.

Thanks for sharing at CASS.

Susan