Sunday 28 September 2014

Happy birthday and the Poppy challenge

I have been looking at the current Poppy Sketch for quite a while, and it's almost the end of the challenge by the time I got this card finished. It's an interesting colour combination, again one I wouldn't choose myself, but that's why I love colour challenges as they make me use colours I wouldn't normally use. I do love bright colours, so I had decided I certainly wanted to contribute a card to the challenge. But I just couldn't get my head around the sketch. I kept humming and hamming, looking at the DT inspiration and browsing through my stamp stash. It was only when I came across the Clear it Out challenge where the theme is Birthday and the stash item is Glossy Accents of glitter when it all came together. I'm also participating in over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where Anything Goes and Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge where the theme is stamping or stencils.
I stamped the Tim Holtz Birthday BluePrint present onto the pink cardstock and then again on white cardstock where I coloured it, fussy cut it and adhered with dimensionals. Then I added a generous amount of Tim Holtz distress stickles to the bow. I die cut the letters for the sentiment and heat embossed with sparkling embossing powder that I have had for ages but not really used as I couldn't get it to stick properly. This time I used plenty of Versamark ink and had no problem with the glitter, and I heat embossed two layers of the sparkles. I finished off with a orange bow to match the present. 

Cardstock: Leonardo Stationery 300 gsm white card, Coloured 240 gsm kraft card in Raspberry Pink and Purple Grape, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card, orange cardstock from my stash
Stamps: Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Birthday Blueprint
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Colouring: Copics V04, V09, Stampin' Write Pumpkin Pie
Other: Tim Holtz alterations Inside Out Alphabet die, Tim Holtz distress stickles Spiced Marmelade, Papermania Holographic embossing powder, orange ribbon from my stash


5 comments:

Jo Nevill said...

Great colourful card. Love the stamp you used.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Anonymous said...

So much fun! Love the colors! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

Kelly said...

love how you repeated the main part of the image and popped it. looks amazing!! thanks for playing with us at Poppy Sketches!

Laura Davis said...

OOOOOhhhh this is beautiful!
Thanks for playing at Poppy Sketches!
Laura

Lynn's Place said...

Thanks for joining us @ CIO challenge blog...your take on our challenge is sweet..tfs...and please come play with us again <((><