Thursday, 28 August 2014
Purple flowers two ways
My sister wanted me to make a birthday card for one of her friends. The instruction I got was that it should be combination of this and this card. I wasn't quite sure what that would entail, so I ended up making two possible cards she can choose from. For the first one, I used the layout from Stamplorations sketch #18.
For the second card I used the layout from The Challenge #13. I do love the colour combo as well, so I will most certainly be back there playing before the end of the challenge with the colours as well. I already got very inspired by the DT creations over there and know exactly what card I want to make for the challenge. But back to the card at hand.
I stamped the Hero Arts Layered Flowers in StazOn onto watercolour paper, and coloured with Rich Razzleberry marker and an AquaFlo brush. I then fussy cut all the layers of the flowers, attached with dimensionals and added stickles to the edges and the middle of the flower. I printed the sentiment onto vellum using my new favourite font called Jane Austen and die cut the letters for the other card. Then it was just about layering everything into place.
Card: Leonardo Stationery 300 gsm white card, coloured 240 gsm kraft card in purple grape and lavender, Daler & Rowney 300 gsm Aquafine watercolour paper, Dovecraft 110 gsm premium vellum
Paper: Immediate Media The Country Diary of and Edwardian Lady Designer Paper (exclusive to Cardmaking and Papercraft)
Stamps: Hero Arts Layered Flowers
Ink: Tsukineko StazOn Jet Black, Stampin' Up Rich Razzleberry marker
Other: Tim Holtz alterations Inside Out alphabet die, Papermania adhesive gems Capsule Heather