Sunday 31 August 2014

Hi there kangaroo


This card is inspired by two challenges - this week's Freshly Made Sketch and Addicted to CAS. You can see the sketch below. The theme at Addicted to CAS this week is luxury. For this card, I have two luxury items - the first is the sentiment in gold, no further explanation needed. The second is the luxury of having a large enough stash of crafting supplies that when you need a specific type of paper for your project, and don't have anything at hand, you have such a diverse stash of various crafting supplies that you can actually create you own background papers. For this card, I wanted a nice, spotty paper in bright colours for one of the panels, but I didn't have anything in the right colours. So instead I picked a few Copics from my stash along with the Tim Holtz Bubble stencil and just made my own. Exactly the colours you want! And so much fun to make. I am also entering the card at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where Anything goes this week.


Cardstock: Leonardo Stationery 350 gsm smooth white card, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card, Hobbycraft 160 gsm Three Shades of Blue
Stamps: Stampin' Up Just Sayin', Paper Smooches A Little Lovin
Ink: Memento Tuexedo Black, Versamark
Copics: B00, B04, B06, R20, V04, Y13, YG11
Other: Papermania Gold Tinsel embossing powder, Tim Holtz Bubble stencil

4 comments:

sandie said...

I love your take on our code word and so cool how you made your own DSP, it looks such fun. So pleased you joined us at ATCAS

Penny Hanuszak said...

This is a great card. I like your luxury items and how you set up the elements including making your own DSP. Very trendy! Thanks so much for sharing!

Karren said...

I love your blue kangaroo! He is so cute! What a fun card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

cheiron said...

A blue kangaroo? So cute! Thank you so much for playing along in the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)