Thursday 17 July 2014

Birthday Blueprint card set

I decided to put together a card gift box using Tim Holtz Birthday Blueprint stamps. I started off with the party hat, which I created for a challenge here. I used a few of the figures I coloured during my holiday to create the cupcake and present cards. And finally I used paper piecing for the balloon card. 


I stamped the cupcake and present onto watercolour paper using Stazon black ink. I coloured the present using Tim Holtz markers in Mowed Lawn and Seedless Preserves and an aqua painter to create a watercolour look. I coloured the cupcake using Stampin' Up markers in Pink Pirouette and Blushing Bride and Tim Holtz distress marker in Peacock Feathers and Iced Spruce and a blender pen. I stamped the sentiments from Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler. The DSP is from Papermania Happy Birthday to you. I stamped in black onto the background papers and attached the coloured and fussy cut images using dimensionals. 


I stamped the balloon in black onto Stampin' Up Summer Smooches DSP and fussy cut the balloon. I stamped the balloon again onto white cardstock and attached teh balloon using dimensionals. The sentiments are from the same Sentiment Sampler set as above. The description for the chalkboard card is here.


For the box I used the same measurements as I used previously here. I stamped each of the birthday stamps on the top of the box and finished everything with a purple cardstock wrap and a bow I made from purple ribbon from my stash. I also stamped to make matching envelopes.


Oh and if you think that it looked like there is a snake in the background of the cards, that's just because there is a snake in the background of the cards. Our little girlie was out stretching her... herself while I was taking the pictures. Isn't she cute!


Card: Leonardo Stationery 350 gsm and 300 gsm Smooth White Card, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white and three shades of blue card, coloured craft 240 gsm card in Pillarbox red, black, purple grape and teal
Paper: Papermania Happy Birthday to you paper, Stampin' Up Summer Smooches DSP
Stamps: Tim Holtz Birthday Blueprint, Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stazon black, Stampin' Up Rich Razzleberry, Real Red, Regal Rose and Marina Mist, Stampin' Write markers Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride, Tim Holtz distress ink Seedless Preserve, Tim Holtz distress markers Seedless Preserves, Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers 
Other: Tim Holtz alterations inside out alphabet die, Ranger Ice stickles, purple ribbon from my stash

1 comment:

Carrie Rhoades said...

I didn't even see the snake the first time, that is funny!!!