Thursday 27 March 2014

Thank you cards with Mixed Bunch


Browsing through some old card photos I realised I never blogged about these wee little ones. In fact, I found quite a lot of cards I didn't even remember making! So I will try to get around to blogging about them at some point. This whole card thing is getting out of hand, I love making them but I hardly send any cards. So I have dozens and dozens... I keep thinking I should try to sell them, not so much to make money but mostly just to cover my expenses and most of all, just get rid of them!

These little colourful monochrome cards were created because my Mum needed a bunch of thank you cards (hence Kiitos - thank you in Finnish). I didn't want to make anything too complicated as I needed to make ten of them. I thought something bright and colourful is always appreciated. Stamping and punching the flowers was a quick job, as was stamping and fussy cutting the Chalk talk tags (this was back in the day before I had bought the dies). The most time consuming part was stamping the sentence using alphabet stamps as I don't have a Finnish thank you stamp. I bling-ed it up with a bit of ice stickles around the edges of the sentiments as well as in the middle of the flowers and finished off with a small adhesive gem.

Cardstock: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry and Tempting Turquoise, Hobbycraft white 160 gsm cardstock
Inks: Stampin' Up Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry and Tempting Turquoise
Stamps: Stampin' Up Chalk Talk and Mixed Bunch, Hobbycraft Clear Stamps Typewriter Alphabet
Other: Stampin' Up Blossom Punch, Rangers Ice Stickles glitter glue, Stampin' Up adhesive gems

No comments: